How do you put bike on center stand?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very common question. In fact it is being talked about here today. Almost every successful method is given and most common problems are discussed with solutions.

Post #47 is especially helpful. About halfway down page 3. Written by one of the smartest guys on the Forum...Maybe the planet.

Post #47 is especially helpful. About halfway down page 3. Written by one of the smartest guys on the Forum...Maybe the planet.
Direct link, takes you right to the post. Just remember, this post is by someone that can't even link to a post
wink.png
However, I do find myself agreeing with his technique. I will just add that the bike lift motion is 80% up and 20% back toward the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
With my left and on the Givi Rack I simply step down on the centerstand while giving a slight slight pull up on the Givi Rack and the bike quickly comes up on the center stand. Now I am a bit large and the extra weight is a benefit. Easy peasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct link, takes you right to the post. Just remember, this post is by someone that can't even link to a post ;) However, I do find myself agreeing with his technique. I will just add that the bike lift motion is 80% up and 20% back toward the rear.
I'm using my phone you turd. That makes it very hard to direct link to a post from my mobile device. So, it's not that I'm dumb. I'm lazy. Two totally different things.

AND Planet Zilla is awesome. Everyone likes me here and I get to get my way. If you bring chicks and beer, I'll let you visit! Just don't tell my wife about the chicks. I wouldn't wanna die on an alien planet!

And another thing...

If you find you lift at all with your left arm, you're probably doing it wrong. The left hand on the left hand grip just steadies, and keeps the front wheel straight; the right hand should be grasping the hand hold - right arm 'locks', but does not actually lift using upper body or arm; both center stand feet on the ground; push down firmly with the right foot. Your leg muscle is much stronger than your arm, so use it

Planet Zilla! Is that like Bizarro world?

Status
Not open for further replies.