Rustoleum Neverwet on windscreen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JON-PNW2013

Reaction score
If you have not seen or heard about Rustoleum's

, please take a look. Pretty amazing! What I want to know (and can't seem to find the answer to) is can I use it on my windscreen? Does anyone know?

Yeah - it works VERY well on all gear and even the seat (but does wear off eventually - and does NOT make it slippery), but I do not want a cloudy windscreen of course. ;-)

Rustoleum say:

Can NeverWet be applied to glass?

Yes, but the glass will no longer be transparent. NeverWet dries to a Flat Frosted Clear color, therefore, it should never be applied to windshields or automobile windows. NeverWet will work on any glass that you want to have superhydrophobic properties, but don’t need to see through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we have an abundance of potatoes here in Idaho, we just cut a potato in half and rub it on the windshield when necessary.

The starch in the potato repels the rain.

Everyone in the great state of Idaho staches a potato on their motorcycle, don't ya know.
rolleyes.gif

Since we have an abundance of potatoes here in Idaho, we just cut a potato in half and rub it on the windshield when necessary.The starch in the potato repels the rain.

Everyone in the great state of Idaho staches a potato on their motorcycle, don't ya know.
rolleyes.gif
LMAO!! That's actually brilliant!

Since we have an abundance of potatoes here in Idaho, we just cut a potato in half and rub it on the windshield when necessary....Everyone in the great state of Idaho staches a potato on their motorcycle, don't ya know.
Living close to Maine we also have lots of potatoatoatos here too. Both the potato bikes and the tubers. Potato snot works on windshields, face shields and diving masks.

Carry a spare or two and use them in the tips of exhaust pipes then see how long it takes your (former) riding friends to figure out why their FJRs won't start.

I read one review that said Neverwet was UV sensitive. If that's true then it would not be good for motorcycle gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my boots with the stuff and regretted it immediately. It leaves a chalky film that rubs off on anything that touches it. It also reacted with the cover on my shifter leaving a heavy black stripe on the top of my left boot.

It repels water really well on a surface that never gets touched or rubs up against anything...what that surface is for a motorcyclist is beyond me.

If you want something for your windscreen,this thing works perfect!

https://nikwax.com/en-gb/products/productdetail.php?productid=248&itemid=-1&fabricid=-1
Sounds like a good idea for my helmet visor. How long does the stuff last before requiring retreatment?
Has to do with how much rain,water has dropped on it..I didn't have retreatment it in a rainy day for about 150 miles with plenty of water!But it is very easy to retreatment it.

Put anything on your hard coated windscreen at your peril. Many things cause hardcoats to cloud and lift from the base lexan. Good Luck. Could be a $300 mistake.
I learned this very hard when i destroyed the hardcoat from my windscreen,when i tried to find the perfect position for my Laminar Lip on the stock windscreen with a packing tape.The tape stuck very strong on the screen and when i tried to remove the tape from the screen,the hardcoat came out with the tape!Ought to use a hair dryer on the tape before..I thought that was residue from the glue of the tape and i used pure alcohol,then came the destroy!The hardcoat destroyed from the alcohol!I didn't knew that the screen has a hardcoat on,also i didn't knew that the pure alcohol can destroy it so easy!

Same thing happened when using Lemon Pledge (aerosol spray) on my windscreen. It's ate up the hard coat and eventually ruined it. It may be the carrier chemicals in aerosols or it may have been something else. After that, I stuck to using stuff on the bike that was designed for the surface it was being applied to (and kept the furniture polish on the furniture).

Latest posts