Underseat Storage for a Motopump MiniPro Inflator on GenIII ES ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcsp

Reaction score
Anyone with a 2014 ES tried storing a Motopump Mini Pro inflator under the driver's seat of an ES model (with the seat in the low position)?

The inflator is said to be 2" high and with the ecu for the suspension located in the tray below the seat, might be too close a call to fit the inflator on top of it.

Definately a no-go under the passenger area.

Get a tank bag, and forget about the seat. You'll be better off for it.

I used that area for my fuse block. As LKLD recommended, I keep my pump and tool kit in my Big Mak ring-mounted tank bag. This way they are always with me even if I don't have my side or tail cases mounted.

Agreed, if it won't fit under the seat, it will reside in either the tank bag or top case.

I have the Walmart Slime 12V pump under my ES seat in the low position. Had to move my augmented tool pouch to the tail section and have some additional tools tucked in near the pump. I have a bag with pump, plugs and plugging tools and it fits under the high/low seat adjuster. The ES has less room than my Gen II due to an added electronics box. I did have to up my 12 plug fuse from 1 to 3 amps to power the pump. Did the same on my Gen II. It's a good thing to test if you can power the pump to fill the tire before you need it out on the road.

Don't want to start another thread but with the heat and dust under the seat, is there any concern with having the plugs dry out and losing their pliability over time? I know they're cheap enough but was always curious what their usable lifespan was.

Don't want to start another thread but with the heat and dust under the seat, is there any concern with having the plugs dry out and losing their pliability over time? I know they're cheap enough but was always curious what their usable lifespan was.
The plugs are useful almost forever. They are held between plastic sheets and can be further isolated in a baggie.

It is essential to use a generous amount of rubber cement when they are inserted. The glue helps lubricate the gummy worm and seal the hole. They are usually 100% effective even without the glue, but even as a lubricant it makes the whole process easier and more likely to succeed.

Received my Motopump inflator and it does fit under the driver's seat, in the neoprene bag with the accessories.

(This is with the seat in the low position.)