Looking for help with OE part #s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRAE

Reaction score
So I experienced a 5mph low side (dark + gravel) which rashed up the right side a little. I have most of the part numbers from the insurance claim estimate but not everything that I need is on there as I negotiated with the claims rep not to total the bike (minor grazing on the frame & frame bolt = new frame @ $2300 plus labor & the plastics...)

The part I'm having trouble with is the body front lower 2 (right side lower panel from front wheel well back). In the parts diagram it is listed as #30 under Cowling 2, however in the parts list it shows two part numbers for it:

3P6-Y283K-20-P0

3P6-Y283K-20-P1

Does anyone know what the difference between the two is? Also does the panel come with everything inside the part #30 box in the diagram (such as the turn signal, hardware, etc)?

This is for an '06 AE

Also if anyone knows where there are a pair of like new saddlebags in cerulean silver for less than retail, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Thanks in advance.

I would go with what Niehart said about the part numbers, the AE was a different color from the standard non AE. Everything in the dashed line should be included. Ron Ayres shows the part to be ~$422 (I only glanced, didn't pay real close attention to the price). It would be worth while to spend $0.25 and call to get the P/N clarified so you know for sure what it means.

The bags can be fixed and painted if they aren't broken. Contact Forum member Garauld and see what he says (pictures may help).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had good luck with Ron Ayers 2 years ago after an "event" on highway 123 in Arkansas. (Some of you know that road intimately). Had to call them with a couple questions regarding the microfiche, and talked to a very knowledgeable, helpful person, who answered my questions correctly. Got my saddlebags redone here in Minnesota by a local guy who does a lot of boat refinishing, and they turned out real nice. I have also heard (and seen pictures) of Gerauld's artisanship, and would not hesitate to talk to him. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll get with Ron Ayers and see if they can clarify which # is for the AE, just to be sure, the parts list shows both #s as BSM 4 (bluish silver metallic). I don't need the entire #30 but it doesn't look like Yamaha sells it separately from what I can tell?

I was planning on contacting Garauld as he's made a custom back rest for me before, just thought I'd see if anyone here had a set ready to go for a reasonable price.

Thanks again for the info guys.