Horn: Euro Blast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfector

Reaction score
Was looking around for a different / new horn to replace that embarrassing oem thing.

Anyone have any thing to say about the Italian made Euro Blaster?

Thanks,,

~~~Guy

EuroBlast is a Steble Nautilus clone, which is an Italian made compact air horn. They are impressively loud and have a higher pitch than many other electronic horns. They can be a bit challenging to fit on the FJR in an unobtrusive way under the steering tree, although some have hung them along the fairing or rear passenger pegs. The horn use more current than the stock wiring should handle, so be sure to include a relay in the circuit and just use the OEM horn wires to switch the relay.

There are lots of threads on this, just search Stebel site:fjrforum.com

FWIW, I had one of these on the bike, and just got tired of dealing with the size when doing maintenance. I went to PIAA Sports Horns which are pretty close in volume (115 dB) with better tone, and are a plug and play replacement. The Stebel was great on a cruiser, but was in the way on the FJR...probably operator error.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067BWBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just installed these 115db monsters on my Gen III.

Had to fabricate a bracket on the right side, took 5 minutes.

Left fit on original horn tab bracket.

Bought a pkg of 2 into 1 spade connectors at Radio Shack.

Installed two female spade connectors on the wires from the second horn and plugged everything together. No relay required and only $47

Everything clears at Full lock and as much fork compression as I can do while stopped.

Them babies are L. O. U. D ! ! !

Amen, those are a fantastic upgrade path for the horns... You will get noticed...

Another great way to get noticed which has saved my bacon on way more times then I can count.... install the LR4's LEDRIDERS lights on the mirror mounts with the dimmer, flash those on and off with the high beam and cars about to pull out from a stop instantly slam their brakes.

Anything to get them to see or hear you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067BWBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Just installed these 115db monsters on my Gen III.

Installed two female spade connectors on the wires from the second horn and plugged everything together. No relay required and only $47

Everything clears at Full lock and as much fork compression as I can do while stopped.

Installed these same horns last week. Same install experience as bigjohnsd. Very pleased. That stock buzzer horn was a joke as most of them are.

Great thread - exactly what I was looking for. Commute home last night was the last straw: laid on my horn as a driver drifted over into my lane - didn't phase them a bit. Gotta get something with some shock value - stock horn says: "excuse me, but if your radio is off and there is no other noise, and you happen to hear me, please consider the motorcycle you are drifting into the path of - if you want to - otherwise, disregard... sorry to bother you..."

Agreed...the PIAA Slender Horn 400/500 Hz kit is perfect. Just installed them on my '04 in a no B.S. 20 minutes...fit like they were made by Yamaha. Vast improvement in bark without being ridiculous. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067BWBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Just installed these 115db monsters on my Gen III.

This thread shows two different horn kits!!! Which one is it??

If you follow the link (click on the blue underlined shit) in the excerpt you quote, it leads to "PIAA 85110, 115dB, 400Hz + 500Hz Sports Horn" on Amazon, which jives with Big John's quote of "I just installed these 115dB monsters on my GenIII".

So, I think he's talking about the two-horn PIAA 85110, 115dB, 400+500 Hz Sports Horn monsters. Could be wrong, though. Have been before.

I also used these --

PIAA 85112 - higher pitch than the 85110

fit fine. loud.

And it's simply a matter of unplugging/screwing the stock horn and attaching the PIAA 85114?

And it's simply a matter of unplugging/screwing the stock horn and attaching the PIAA 85114?
Yes. Plug and play (or honk
smile.png
). I rotated the PIAA brackets a little to get the orientation just how I wanted but not necessary.

Ordered my PIAA 85114 today: sparktecmotorsports.com for under $50 including shipping. Before-and-after YouTube video featuring an FJR helped with the decision.

It's black, so it will look GOOD with the Liquid Graphite.