31AUG2014 @ 0900hrs....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
Will be picking up my 2014 FJR1300A this Sat. Really jazzed about it. After many many new bikes, BMWs, KTMs and Harleys, this will be my first new Yamaha. Now to start riding and figuring out what I need to order! I love ordering parts for bikes.....!

Rexford

Got almost 8,000 miles on my 2014 "A" I picked up last November 15. Most fantastic motorcycle I've owned over the past 50+ years of riding. Heading out on a 2,000 mile ride next Tuesday, I'm ready for the long haul.

Dan

Congrats, you won't be disappointed!!

Prepare for spending $$$...the forum is a terrible influence!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Congrats, you won't be disappointed!!
Prepare for spending $$$...the forum is a terrible influence!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G
Yeah..... reading up on all the posts I can find now on the best magnetic tank bag to use.. Figure I'd do a thousand miles or so on the stock seat before that decision is made. Will have to get a little larger windscreen but reading posts on that just gives me ideas on which manfs. to try... That's all okay though, as I love dressing out a bike.

Rexford

There are a lot of forum members here the to that would love to assist you in spending your $$$ for a noble cause.

Congrats on your new FJR.

pictures please of happy owner and bike
Would be happy to post up pics, but will probably need to locate a member around here that can assist with that.

#1 My phone does not take pictures, Nokia (The model before flip-phones)

#2 Running Windows 98 on dial-up so pics are really really slow to up-load if they do at all.

Heck, I don't even have cable or dish.....

Will work on the pictures and getting them loaded though, I am really excited about this bike.

Rexford

Heck, you ought to see how slow it is just trying to pull up info on this site for magnectic tank-bags......lol

Excellent choice.

Like you, I've owned many other brands of bikes over the years (Honda, Triumph, Suzuki, Aermacchi (sold as Harley Davidson) and Kawasaki) . Yamaha is at the top of my list for engineering and build quality. Seems like I keep on gravitating back to the FJR and am now on my third one. Enjoy.