Saddlebag Stickers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Spent the better part of last evening trying to find the fairly recent post about the black Yamaha stickers falling off the chrome saddlebag bumpers on the 14's. Waiting to hear from the dealer if Yamaha will cover this since he mentioned that some cosmetic parts of the bile might not be warranted for a year. I think that is B.S. but in any case I am still waiting. The only way that they can replace the sticker is to replace the whole bumper @ $58 per side? I have looked at the online parts fiches, and it does indeed look like the stickers cannot be purchased separately.

I did find a post from 2010 about this, and there was mention of stickers being bought separately, but with no source mentioned. Has anyone had any luck finding these stickers? BTW, both sides fell off!

Edit here: Just looked at the parts fiche for an 08 thru a 12, and the stickers are sold separately on those. Any one sure if they are the same? My guess is that they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even your bumpers and the Yamaha logos on them are warrantied. Take it to the dealer, point out what's wrong, and have them fix it.

I donno why dealers pull that crap. They get paid for the warranty work & parts anyway.

smile.png

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-5JW-W9345-00-00.html

N4:

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2010/FJR1300A+-+FJR13AZCS/SADDLEBAGS/parts.html

The Yamaha sticker can be purchased, around $3.00
I found that if you look at parts fiches for years below 2013, the sticker is sold separately, but the 2013 and 14 can only be ordered attached to the chrome bumper. I stopped at the dealer, and fully expect it to be warranted, but I want to know if the earlier stickers are the same as the 2014. BTW, for those of you that re-attached the sticker if you didn't completely lose it, what type of glue did you use to re-attach it? I plan on pulling the stickers off the new ones and using a more durable glue.

Looks like that would be a no-brainer for the dealer to replace, with Yamaha's blessing, as it's corporate branding. But then, whenever has common-sense, made sense in the corporate world?

Getting the bumpers replaced under warranty. Still thinking of pulling the stickers and using a more durable glue. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most plastic to plastic will use a cyanacrolate glue (Krazy Glue), and I would suggest the gel type which is not so instant. Or you could use an epoxy type glue but in any case scuff up the back sides with a 220 to 400 grit to get a grippier surface.

Leave it to a Mexican to find a flaw that a jew lawyer will exploit. Yup I'm a racist son of a bitch sue me.

:blum:

Spent the better part of last evening trying to find the fairly recent post about the black Yamaha stickers falling off the chrome saddlebag bumpers on the 14's. Waiting to hear from the dealer if Yamaha will cover this since he mentioned that some cosmetic parts of the bile might not be warranted for a year. I think that is B.S. but in any case I am still waiting. The only way that they can replace the sticker is to replace the whole bumper @ $58 per side? I have looked at the online parts fiches, and it does indeed look like the stickers cannot be purchased separately.
I did find a post from 2010 about this, and there was mention of stickers being bought separately, but with no source mentioned. Has anyone had any luck finding these stickers? BTW, both sides fell off!

Edit here: Just looked at the parts fiche for an 08 thru a 12, and the stickers are sold separately on those. Any one sure if they are the same? My guess is that they are.
In this thread: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/159102-any-emergent-problems-with-the-gen-iii/

Take it to the dealer. They have replaced the entire right side chrome strip on mine 3 times. Twice for the Yamaha emblem falling off and once due to ordering the wrong side the first time. We put it on but Yamaha was upside down. I would fight if Yamaha didn't want to warrenty parts falling off. It's not like my old Harley that had parts and bolts falling off several times. Oh, and Harley fixed all falling off parts when under warrenty.

If they need to be restuck, don't use a glue with solvent in it. The back of the sticker has a thin layer of metallic which the solvent may affect. I suggest using double-sided tape or RTV silcone rubber which is good for mounting the rubber bumpers too.