Fall PNW Tech Meet #13 - October 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 11th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

JamesW

MCRIDER007

Ignacio

Seattle Ty

henwil

blufjr

Fontanaman

gbrmksmith

audiowize

wistrick

mikaljames

redneckj

seong

Johnny B

irish phil

juniorFJR

Bobby blue

sapest

roadtrip

lowandsilent

squeal

Oso

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on fork rebuild, PAIR and TBS.

Edited, All done, I'm free to help others

I'm planning on fork rebuild, PAIR and TBS
That's right you have new to you bike to farkle up!
punk.gif
smile.png

I'd like to come (finally bought an FJR yesterday!!!).

I'm 50/50 on a fork rebuild, certainly wouldn't mind blocking off the PAIR sytsem.

If anybody is coming from really far away, I have a couple spare bedrooms.

Bryan, I have a set of PR2's to mount, having wore out my earlier ones on the Rueben Run. Or...I can show up earlier and tackle them, then ride the KTM in during Tech day to let you do wheelies up the hill.

Entirely your call.

Mikaljames said:
Would this be a good time to install some bar risers? I am someone with zero mechanical skills in this area, so assistance would probably be very necessary. Thanks
Which ones do you have or looking at?

--G

I figure I have two or three possible project to do on my ES I could do while I'm there. I haven't even cracked open the plastic on this bike yet....probably a good place to try that for the first time. If anybody has a burning desire for a particular project--let me know:

• Install brake Hyperlites & change running/brake light bulbs to LEDs (only requires removal of back plastic)
  • Powerlet install for electric jacket via bracket under rider side frame & wire to the battery. / Install SAE connector for battery tender. / Run power wire to underseat area for future use.
  • Install dual USB power source in handlebar area (GPS and cell phone....I have an idea for my own semi-fabrication)

Latest posts