Montreal Parking advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BushwickFJR

Reaction score
Im headed from NYC to Montreal tomorrow night just to get some Poutine
rolleyes.gif
and was wondering what the parking was like in the area of Av du Parc la Fontaine and Rue Rachel E? I will not be in the area for too long but I don't want to get towed or ticketed.

Bushwick, you're actually riding 400 miles for some Poutine? Really? Don't get me wrong, I've ridden 400 miles for a good pizza but, Poutine?

I've heard from some of my Canuckian friends that it's an "Acquired taste". Post up on your review when you get back. I was born and raised in The Bronx. Boy, do I miss NYC sometimes. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im headed from NYC to Montreal tomorrow night just to get some Poutine :rolleyes: and was wondering what the parking was like in the area of Av du Parc la Fontaine and Rue Rachel E? I will not be in the area for too long but I don't want to get towed or ticketed.
Can someone tell me if "poutine" is the Canadian equivent to American "poontang"???
I am a history teacher, but am unfamiliar with this cultural situation. 400 miles is quite a ways to ride, so it must be good?? I realize economic times are tough, but I can't imagine this down turn financially has affected the "poontang" supplies in New York

Im headed from NYC to Montreal tomorrow night just to get some Poutine :rolleyes: and was wondering what the parking was like in the area of Av du Parc la Fontaine and Rue Rachel E? I will not be in the area for too long but I don't want to get towed or ticketed.
Can someone tell me if "poutine" is the Canadian equivent to American "poontang"???I am a history teacher, but am unfamiliar with this cultural situation. 400 miles is quite a ways to ride, so it must be good?? I realize economic times are tough, but I can't imagine this down turn financially has affected the "poontang" supplies in New York
:D Cav, the ingredients of Poutine, Not "Poontang"!! I was in the Navy so, it's NOT that! :D
It's butter, flour, beef stock, salt, ground pepper, white potato peeled and cut and fresh cheese curd. Mmmmmmm... Doesn't that sound Yummy?! :)

I'd probably have more respect if the OP was riding 400 miles for some poontang...

Thanks guys but I get all the Poontang I need at home in Brooklyn. I do a lot of riding and most have a food type of destination. Well last weekend we went to Nova Scotia and did the Cabot trail but we didnt have a food destination. Although the destination was called Meat Cove.... the restaurant was closed when we got there....

Often we have gone to Chicago for Deep Dish Pizza, Philly for cheese steak sandwiches and Memphis for BBQ.... I figured Montreal for some Poutine wasnt a bad idea. Sorry to disappoint so many of you :)

Classic Poutine is made from French fries which are covered with fresh cheese curds, and topped with brown gravy. The gravy is normally thin chicken, veal or turkey. From here there are hundreds of variations and can include onion rings and meat and even lobster. There are Montreal Poutine variations too.

Thanks guys but I get all the Poontang I need at home in Brooklyn. I do a lot of riding and most have a food type of destination. Well last weekend we went to Nova Scotia and did the Cabot trail but we didnt have a food destination. Although the destination was called Meat Cove.... the restaurant was closed when we got there....
Often we have gone to Chicago for Deep Dish Pizza, Philly for cheese steak sandwiches and Memphis for BBQ.... I figured Montreal for some Poutine wasnt a bad idea. Sorry to disappoint so many of you
smile.png
BushwickFJR, you are my kind of Motorcycle Rider: "Ride to Eat - Eat to Ride!" Come to Phoenix when HotRodZilla and Papa Chuy Viejo open up our Timmy's and Juans restaurant! We are going to be a Tim Horton's serving up Poutine from October through April when the Canuck Snowbirds are in the Southwest, then from May through September our AJ - 'Zilla will step into de Cocina (kitchen) and will start serving up la Comida Mexicana: Tamales, tortas, enchiladas, caldos, menudo rico, flan y pososle ese. We are going to sell merchandise with the Timmy's and Juans logos on them: Sweaters and wife beater tank tops, ese! JSNS!