FJR wins again!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Sky

Dr. Gonzo
Reaction score
Wife Marilyn and I entered the first inaugural Montana 500 L-D rally Sept. 6-7. Turnout was light - 10 entries just 4 in the two-day, but we took first. This ran 8 a.m. Sat. to dark, then from light Sun. until 6 p.m. It was a "soft rally" meant more for fun than competition. We ran 1,025 miles and scored 13,825 points, so also took the "efficiency trophy" - 13.5 points per mile. Second place had 7420 points in 869 miles, third had 7,345 points in 1,153 miles. What fun running down Hwy. 56 (deer alley) at 6 a.m. dark In the cold (40 degrees) and the fog with deer at roadside every few miles. Soon the cotton bunnies were scaring the bejesus out of us! No incidents, no tickets! That's a success. Nothing like running more than 1,000 miles of Montana in two days in September in fabulous clear weather. We love this place!

Oh yeah, 2005 FJR with 52k. These bikes are champions. Didn't even break a sweat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Stuff!

ok.gif

Congratulations. A ride like that is where I would like to start my LD riding. I would like the daylight riding hours too.

Again, good for you and thanks for sharing.

Richard

I'm a member of the Last Chance Riders, the club that sponsored the rally. The Spousal Unit and I were in the Blackhills so we missed the event. By all accounts it went very well for a first time effort by a bunch of rookies. The goal was to have an event that was fun for both the first timer and experienced LD rider alike. Seems like it was a success in both regards. I believe the intent is to do it again next year in early September. Keep your eye on the Northern Rockies Rider and I'll try to remember to post it here.