Yamaha GYTR Slip-ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
One of the Yamaha Demo trucks has the Yamaha GYTR slip-ons installed on the ES FJR demo bike. They look good. Sound is good too. They add a slight rasp to the exhaust, but are the quietest FJR slip-on pipes I have ever heard. So if you want a different look without a lot of noise, these may be for you. Granted, they are some spendy suckers, but to each his own.

For your perusal:

20140905_094813_zps82407333.jpg

20140905_094845_zpsfdc51c05.jpg

20140905_094839_zps77bc0173.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look pretty sharp. List price of $999.99, but I found a some online for as low as $791. Ouch. I like the idea that they're 50-state legal, but that's still a lot of $$. I'll get slip-ons installed someday, but I'd probably lean more towards a set of Beowulf stainless cans for $550. Eh, I'm just dreaming at this point anyway.

My main motivation for slip-ons is the weight savings. Depending on which ones you choose, you can shave about 12-15 lbs off the rear of the bike. I like the idea of moving the balance point a bit forward, putting more weight on the front wheel.

Don't really want the additional decibels, but that's what ear plugs are for.

By the way, I'm finding the ES suspension is every bit as good as the Wilbers shock and fork springs I added to the '05. We'll see how it holds up long term.

For sure lets hope they hold up as nice as the Wilburs, just had mine rebuilt last year, but I'm down for a 2015 ES if the color is nice...

Lots of miles left on my 05..... wouldn't mind the upgrade though....

thanks for your input on that

I like the sound of my Gen III just as it is.
If i wanted to be a Pirate i'd buy another cruiser
punk.gif

Gee, thank you for that insightful input.
smile.png

Perhaps you should re-read my initial post. Especially about the part of them being really quiet compared to any other slip-on I have heard.

You are right Skooter, I missed that in your original post, don't know how as it is right there plain as day.

I guess the three shrill squids that just rode by on I-90 drowning out my TV may have had some impact.

Sorry

You are right Skooter, I missed that in your original post, don't know how as it is right there plain as day.
I guess the three shrill squids that just rode by on I-90 drowning out my TV may have had some impact..

Sorry

No problemo. I live for opportunities to be a sarcastic SOB.
whistle.gif

I guess the three shrill squids that just rode by on I-90 drowning out my TV may have had some impact..

Sorry

No problemo. I live for opportunities to be a sarcastic SOB.
whistle.gif
And we ALL commend you for maintaining a 100% success rate in your life's endeavors!

(Hope to see you in Orlando!)

I am liking these GYTR slip-ons more and more as I am around them. Trying to resist.........
I can get you into a REAL nice set of Staintunes for a reasonable price; certianly cheaper than dem-dar Yammie cans. I'm not the original owner: got 'em at a real fair price 3 years ago from guy named Greg on this forum, and they are indeed plenty quiet with the baffles in. And if I recall what the former owner said, the sound don't come no sweeter...

Gary

darksider #44

I must say Skooter, they look sharp. I guess they are in the same price bracket as RemusTitanium Hexacones,Vance and hines CSone, and Akrapovic. Now who's doing a good deal on a pair??.

Regards

Gazza

Or maybe the FJR's exhaust system needs a fresh look. These same stainless cans have been on the FJR since 2001 have they not??. I'm sort of thinking the GYTR's as standard equipment on the 2015.

Gazza

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts