2013 ECU Revised Part Number

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
I see the ECU for the 2013 has been revised by the mothership...old P/N was 1MC-8591A-20-00...new is 1MC-8591A-21-00. I wish I knew what was changed...82 to 100 maybe???

How do we find out......Skooter????? R
As Yamaha says it to Skoot, what Skoot hears through the SkootG filter, what Skoot types to the Forum with his two left thumbs on his cell phone. Now, do we actually know more than when we started? :lol:

Yamaha has historically updated the ECU many times within a model year without explanation.

20valves, one must always be on the lookout...I am doing a swap this winter...just was checking to see if maybe the mothership had relented and I noticed the P/N change...

And if they did up the top setting speed for the cruise, would you really spend $630 just to get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
If is does, and I got it, it would greatly increase my risk of getting a ticket, getting out of Flatistan, on my way to the twisty stuff.

And if they did up the top setting speed for the cruise, would you really spend $630 just to get it?
Probably not. I can only take so many value beatings in one lifetime and since I'm a smuggler owner, an 18 mph cruise limit increase which I wouldn't use that often would count against me. After that point, paying taxes starts looking like a good deal.

I was hoping a forum genius would figure out a cheapie $100 flash fix or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, Maybe $630 would be much better than having to buy an ugly red one to get a cruise control fix!
rolleyes.gif
punk.gif
smile.png

If you don;t like the red you can buy one in Canada and get the fix, a proper all black machine AND keys that don't bend . . . . however you'd lose the ability to set your speedo and fuel consumption in US measure.