2009 Farkles... what should be next?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havard

Reaction score
So my 2009 has the following...

Russell seat

MCL riser

Denali aux lights

HID bulbs

Touring pegs

Garmin 660 direct wired

lots of Ram balls for additional options

Cee Baily shield

MCCruise

FuzeBlock

Sliders

Stiffy kit from rear case support

Givi case

Heavy Bar ends

PR3's about one year old

Louder horn than stock

The off season is coming here in NW Pennsylvania so what suggestions does anyone have for this years garage time...

Thinking maybe shock (not sure what type) or maybe something else... I would enjoy some suggestions...

No, a newer model is not an option... :)

Metal radiator shield, Cox, or similar

Reflective decals for the panniers

hyperlites (or similar) aux rear running/turn/brake lights

Admore rear lighting harness for the hyperlites

(admore also has aux lighting options. I just happened to prefer the hyperlites)

Powerlet aux power outlet(s)

(haven't installed any yet -- plan to do so this winter)

BTW, if you're considering after market rear shock, take a look at the offerings from traxxion. I installed the AK-20 front kit, and the Penske 8983. Vast improvement over the OEM. Recommend you do the front as well as the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus is currently farkling up a new, to him, 09, probably be a whole list of stuff based on the whole lot of stuff he had on his last fjr.

Chrome. Lots and Lots of Chrome.
yes2.gif
yes2.gif

Already have the big foot kickstand. Thanks for mentioning that though warpdrv... I forgot it on the original list...

You said "garage time." Ha. I was just thinking that the weather is finally going to change around here. Every day right now it's in the mid 90's and 50 percent chance of rain. This time of year our weather is very active... but at least we're not having to dodge hurricanes thus far this year. But within a month or so, the weather will begin our usual fall pattern: it will cool off and and the summer rains will subside. Every rider looks forward to this time of the year here in Florida. And for the next 6 months it's going to be wonderful. OH YEAH...

You asked for some suggestions. Hmmm.

How bout a fenda extenda? Or maybe some 90 degree valve stems? Ya happy with the mirrors? Extenders are nice. You didn't mention volt meter. Got one? And of course, ya gotta put a car tire on it !!!

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a serious wash and wax?

Then you can open yourself up to the scorn and derision of the entire FJR Forum???

You guys keep reminding me of what I forgot on my list. I have the mirror extenders. Radar detector would only get me in trouble and I don't need any more help... Car tire is not going to happen Gary... LOL Have to get some help if I want to do suspension work. Not that mechanically inclined. May have to get a shop to help in that area. That is where i was leaning...

Hell with it. You're done. Just ride the damn thing!
Unfortunately Erie PA from about Nov. to mid April I am too busy scooping snow. That is the only reason I look at off season addition opportunities... LOL. This is still good advice RossKean...

Hell with it. You're done. Just ride the damn thing!
Unfortunately Erie PA from about Nov. to mid April I am too busy scooping snow. That is the only reason I look at off season addition opportunities... LOL. This is still good advice RossKean...
Could leave the bike sit and get a snowmobile and make good use of the snow??
smile.png

Havard, you are getting off easy here. I felt sure this gang would have your savings and retirement spent by now on farkles! AS said before, go ride, see something you want or need, then get it, but you are fairly well outfitted. Have fun!