Ever hear of a bird pecking through a seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodman4

Pressing on
Reaction score
I left this tidbit out of my trip report I just posted because I wanted to post this separate. I was by the falls in yellowstone a couple weeks ago on our big trip and while walking up to my bike, a couple said there had been a raven sitting on my bike bothering it. They said several people kept shooing it away from it. Earlier a bird had crapped all over my right grip and the right side of the bike so I already knew they liked it. I looked it over and the dang bird had pecked a hole in the passenger seat!

Her seat had been in excellent condition, but saith the raven, "nevermore!"

I've never had problems like that anywhere around here and I never cover any of my bikes when I'm traveling or at work. Anybody ever have this happen?

I left this tidbit out of my trip report I just posted because I wanted to post this separate. I was by the falls in yellowstone a couple weeks ago on our big trip and while walking up to my bike, a couple said there had been a raven sitting on my bike bothering it. They said several people kept shooing it away from it. Earlier a bird had crapped all over my right grip and the right side of the bike so I already knew they liked it. I looked it over and the dang bird had pecked a hole in the passenger seat!
Her seat had been in excellent condition, but saith the raven, "nevermore!"

I've never had problems like that anywhere around here and I never cover any of my bikes when I'm traveling or at work. Anybody ever have this happen?
Probably thought it was a black trash bag, looking for goodies within.

Had a bird tear up a seat on a YZ250 I once had...to make a nest. And, got my FJR back from the dealer once covered in bird crap...