Demo truck day - Wisconsin 9/27/14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpdrv

Reaction score
Just stopped by a Yamaha dealer coming back towards Milwaukee from Madison on Hwy 94. <br />

<br />

<a href='https://www.rockriverpowersports.com/m_default.asp'>https://www.rockriverpowersports.com/m_default.asp</a><br />

<br />

Stopped in for a what the he'll, and talked with the owner for a little while, said they added a demo truck day to the schedule just yesterday... <br />

<br />

Not sure if this is scooters truck, but I'll be going to test the 14ES

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, not me. I'll be at a dealership in Falls Church, VA that weekend. Make sure you give whoever is there a complete ration of shit.

Hey, see if you can get the guys on the truck to come to Albuquerque. Apparently the IQ on Skooter's truck is too low for them to find the biggest city in NM.

Actually, our IQ is high enough to know to avoid Albuquerque - the armpit of the southwest!

The closest for you anytime soon will be the Phoenix IMS show the weekend of November 7/8, or a dealer event in Tucson the weekend of November 22/23.

Wouldn't out be funny if this demo day was the weekend prior and all of the NAFO attendees showed up to test ride all the binges!?

Wouldn't out be funny if this demo day was the weekend prior and all of the NAFO attendees showed up to test ride all the binges!?
It would be Alan... But from what I gather there is a gay an lesbian pride march in Detoilet that weekend,and a certain member of the Yamaha traveling circus has top shelf reservations there.

FWIW

I will say that the price he had listed on a new "Non ES" FJR was probably the best I have seen.... of which he had 2, and he said that there was a new ES model in a box out back.... I immediately asked him what was up with the price, and how much for the ES....

Both including kickbacks, incentives and no other fees - not including TTL...
Non ES model - $13350
ES Model - +$850 ?!?! ish.... $14200-$14300

He was a pretty cool guy and was very friendly - Huge, nice place....
He pretty much stated that he didn't care about making money on sales of bikes, sleds, atv's or whatever, it was more about building a relationship with the customer and getting return business for parts and service, which they seemed to have plenty going on.... was a very genuine guy.....

I'll be at the demo Saturday sometime during the day....

Well you can scratch this off the list - I called them to verify that the Demo truck was going to be there, basically because its an hour drive for me, not that I care - but the girl on the phone told me that the Demo truck that was coming was not the Yamaha Demo Truck - but it was for the new BOLT / Star lineup of bikes....

NO FJR
NO Super Tenure
No Vmax

Basically NO FUN - just boring cruisers on Saturday 9/27

NOT HAPPY !!

SkooterG on a Bolt ... that's a vision.

Last edited by a moderator: