Instrument Cluster Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderdawg

Reaction score
Subject Bike: 2005 Yamaha FJR Gen I

Issue: Instrument Cluster Bulb Burned Out

Questions: How do I access the back of the instrument cluster to remove and replace the light bulbs? What are good reliable replacements? Are LED equivalents any good?

Regards,

W. D.

Hey there Silver Spirit,

Thank you very, very, very much for the super fast help. I was amazed at how fast I got a response. This is exactly the information that I need.

Regards,

W. D.

Keep in mind that to remove the nose for access to the instrument panel, you start with the lower side fairings and move up. ALL of the plastic forward of the rider has to come off!!!

I linked this somewhere in Iggy's thread, but here it is again.

You can actually remove the front cowling only. It takes about 7min!

IMG_20140912_212304.jpg

I don't think you can if you have an '04 or '05 with a glove box. I won't swearto it, but I think there is at least one fastener, and I think 2, that you can't reach with the lower fairing there, so one side still comes off for those.

I have no idea if that applies to Gen II as well, but I would think it does. Nobody will bring me one just to see if i can take it apart........

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can if you have an '04 or '05 with a glove box. I won't swearto it, but I think there is at least one fastener, and I think 2, that you can't reach with the lower fairing there, so one side still comes off for those.
I have no idea if that applies to Gen II as well, but I would think it does. Nobody will bring me one just to see if i can take it apart........
I am able to do it this way (4 black pieces + cowling only) on my Gen1 '05.

I followed the "remove everything" post the first time, as well, but I know better now.

Cool. I remember on the one and only '04 I worked on, I had fits finding one of the glove box fasteners, and that was with the lowers off. It was years ago, and we had to have the lowers off anyway, so it was no loss.

I changed all mine earlier this year. I took off all lower plastic and got to the three instrument panel screws through the little panel in the center front. I had to use a stubby and offset screwdrivers. NOT easy but did not have to remove the whole front fairing. My biggest gripe is the little things are 6 bucks EACH! I changed all 4 at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts