Very True...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
PS_1093W_DIG_BICK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! So, is it only those of us who are well hung that read the top line wrong at first?

I read by pattern matching.

<
soapbox.gif
>

I still hate seeing things like "its" and "it's" used incorrectly (95% of posters. For fcuk's sake, "it's" means "it is", "it was" or similar, not "belongs to it". So "its colour is red", and "it's a red bike" please (though I like mine, it's "magnetic bronze". Who thinks up these funny names? Bronze isn't magnetic).

"Your" means "belongs to you", not "you are". The shortened form of "you are" is "you're". So, "You're going for a ride, not "your going for a ride".

"Their" means "belongs to them", not "they are, or "there". "They're" means "they are", "there" means "not here".

These are just a few examples.

Yes, I read by pattern matching, not by reading aloud and listening to what I say. So, not "reading allowed", please. Means something very different.

There are many more ways people can make it more difficult to comprehend what they are trying to say. If the reader can't understand what is written, or gets so frustrated that they don't bother, then the desired communication hasn't occurred.

I'm probably contravening all sorts of forum rules, but I'm too old to care.

</
soapbox.gif
>

Phew.

Hey Zilla, is that what you are using for roadside sobriety testing these days.

Citizen: "I have a big dick".

Officer Zilla: "Tell it to the Judge maam".

mcatrophy's head just esploded.<poof>
I think you are 2 concerned 4 mcatrophy's health. I two worry that when you have too mistakes or even 3 mistakes it makes reading hard. Its also hard to no when to step on the brake peddle, to pedal your wares or pedal you're bicycle. I do here what he is saying, and understand he is trying too insure we all use the correct words weather we want 2 or knot.

mcatrophy's head just esploded.<poof>
I think you are 2 concerned 4 mcatrophy's health. I two worry that when you have too mistakes or even 3 mistakes it makes reading hard. Its also hard to no when to step on the brake peddle, to pedal your wares or pedal you're bicycle. I do here what he is saying, and understand he is trying too insure we all use the correct words weather we want 2 or knot.
Your a friggng jenius.