Smokey Mountains Week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Krusen

Reaction score
A group of us just got back from a week in the Smokies. 3 FJRs, 2 Wings and an ST1300.

8 Days

3344 total miles
1582 interstate
1762 twisties

75.38 gallons of gas
$251.16
44.36 mpg average
Hi 50.9 mpg
Lo 41.7 mpg

My front tire is 1/2 gone and the rear is slightly more than 1/3 gone.

8 wonderful days of riding with good friends, PRICELESS!!!!
smile.png

No real report but we had a wonderful time. The link below takes you to all of the great pictures from the trip. I'm in the yellow jacket and mt FJR does not have any scratches on it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/justkrusen/sets/72157647190225147/

Enjoy.

That's a lot of FJR band aids!

Looks like a great trip.

Glad to hear that your FJR is still scratch free.

Looks like a great time, would like to hear the backstory on all of the dropsies. The hot tub story you can keep to yourself. :)

I see you stopped at Caesar's Head overlook. I can see Table Rock Lake in the background. On one of the signs, it shows Paris Mtn SP. I live 2 miles from Paris Mtn as the crow flies.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LKLD" data-cid="1178592" data-time="1411084402"><p>

Looks like a great time, would like to hear the backstory on all of the dropsies. The hot tub story you can keep to yourself. :) </p></blockquote>

NO problem. Not my bike that got messed up so it's easy for me to talk about them. Both bikes were dropped on the first riding day in the mountains. Both riders are very experienced but they both had a momentary lapse in judgment or concentration. The first rider was making a U-turn on a hill and did not counter lean enough. When he realized his mistake it was too late and he could not reach the ground on the low side to stop the fall. Front fairing & mirror got scraped and the mirror mount (stray) under the fairing broke. We fixed that with a bracket and sheet metal screws back at the house. The second bike went down an hour or 2 later at Ceasar's Head while parking the bike. While turning around he looked at a person sitting in front of him when he looked back to finish the turn he noticed how close to the curb he was and looked at it instead of his direction of the turn. The front wheel kissed the curb and over he went. Front right fairing, mirror & saddlebag were all damaged. No structure damage just cosmetic but he did get tossed off pretty hard. Good gear kept both riders from any injuries.

Happily the rest of the trip went without incident. That's a good thing because we were playing pretty hard on all the twisty roads. But both riders that fell took a whole bunch of ribbing for the rest of the trip. Interesting is that the first rider to fall has probably 1,000,000 miles of riding experience. Just shows how fast we can get into a bad situation and make it worse. Be careful out there!

As for the hot tub, there is nothing to tell.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing with us.

I am sorry those two FJRs got scraped up like that. I am guessing the bloody knuckles were part of that.

I would have left out the hot tub pic though. Yuck!
smile.png
uhoh.gif