AIMExpo, Orlando, FL, October 18-19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
You really should make this event.

I was there last year giving Demo rides and I have got to say I was very impressed. Compared to the other IMS shows I have been to, there are a metric butt-load more vendors. This is really a great show, and there is only one a year. I was really excited when I found out I will be working this event again this year. I get to go buy another pair of Lee Parks gloves and try them on first to find the ultimate fit, talk to the Shorai battery guys, and also the folks at Sena and give them all my helpful suggestions!
smile.png
Shoei, Givi, and Twisted Throttle are just a few of the other vendors I plan on visiting.

This is a big show for Yamaha too. They will be introducing most of their 2015 model line at the show including several all new models!

Like last year there will the opportunity take demo rides on most of Yamaha's models. And unlike most other events, you can also demo

some of the Yamaha off-road atv models on a specially designed off-road course. And fyi, you don't have to buy a ticket to do the demo rides.

So if you can, come check it out. Make sure you stop by and say 'Hi' to me if you are there. Not sure if I will be doing demo rides, or working the Yamaha display inside, but don't miss your opportunity to buy me a beer!

AIMExpo's website for additional information including all the vendors that will be there: https://www.aimexpousa.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved that show last year. I'm in! You're right. I couldn't believe the amount of vendors that were there. I'll stop by and say: Hey! :)

Do I need to say it? "Photos of the new FJR, please."
Photos? Uncle Hud: ya need to GO THERE and ride one. Photos don't do it justice. Ya gotta see that thing gleaming in the sun. That pearlescent paint is amazin'.

I was there last year. Had a blast trying to keep up with Skooter on his demo rides. Make sure you ask to be in HIS group. Also make sure you schedule enough time to see all the exhibits inside the convention center.

I'll be heading up Sat morning out of Tampa.

Gary

darksider #44

AHHHH, but it isn't that easy; trust me. I'd roll to Mickey City in a heartbeat if it were remotely possible. ("You must learn to be patient, Grasshopper. Do not chase after opportunities than have not yet arrived.")

Rob and Vic and Tony and Gary, let's get together and go to this show. Sounds like a place I want me o visit. Plan"A" would be?

Breakfast and then the show.

Rob and Vic and Tony and Gary, let's get together and go to this show. Sounds like a place I want me o visit. Plan"A" would be? Breakfast and then the show.
The nearest IHOP to the Convention Center is

9990 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819
That's where we're planning to meet. Show opens at 9am Sat morning, Oct 18. Not sure what time to hit IHOP, I'm thinking 'bout 7:30 or so??? I'm heading up from Tampa with a couple buds. My best bud Mark is coming up on his Beemer toting his trailer along with a for sale sign. He's hoping to sell it and move on to something else. Also, my principal, Jason Joens, who just happens to own a 2013 FJR, is coming along as well. Great guy, hope yall get to meet him. Daughter Kathleen is coming down from central Orlando and if the weather holds up I might be able to talk her into bringing her 73 Honda 350four. Another bud, Jim and his wife Sharon are coming up from Lakeland on his new CanAm, but probably can't make it that early, so will probably meet up with them at the convention center.

I'm thinking maybe we could plan dinner as well... somewhere after the show? Maybe twist Skooter's arm into coming also??? Last year, I invited him, but it just didn't work out as he had a meeting with all his Yammie cohorts after the show.

Gary

darksider #44

My wife, daughter, and myself will be going Saturday, however we won't be going early. Still, hope to see some of you there.

You ain't gonna believe this. Guess who's coming to dinner at AIM?

Quote:

"...The American International Motorcycle Expo and Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., have announced that the OEM’s debut appearance at the event, this October 16-19 at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center, will be highlighted by the North American debut of the groundbreaking Ninja H2. (clicky here)

Gary

darksider #44

I'll be there during the week covering it as a Media member, then back on Sat with the wife as a consumer :)

Rob and Vic and Tony and Gary, let's get together and go to this show. Sounds like a place I want me o visit. Plan"A" would be? Breakfast and then the show.
The nearest IHOP to the Convention Center is

9990 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819
That's where we're planning to meet. Show opens at 9am Sat morning, Oct 18. Not sure what time to hit IHOP, I'm thinking 'bout 7:30 or so??? I'm heading up from Tampa with a couple buds. My best bud Mark is coming up on his Beemer toting his trailer along with a for sale sign. He's hoping to sell it and move on to something else. Also, my principal, Jason Joens, who just happens to own a 2013 FJR, is coming along as well. Great guy, hope yall get to meet him. Daughter Kathleen is coming down from central Orlando and if the weather holds up I might be able to talk her into bringing her 73 Honda 350four. Another bud, Jim and his wife Sharon are coming up from Lakeland on his new CanAm, but probably can't make it that early, so will probably meet up with them at the convention center.

I'm thinking maybe we could plan dinner as well... somewhere after the show? Maybe twist Skooter's Neck ??? Last year, I invited him, but it just didn't work out as he had a meeting with all his Yammie cohorts after the show.

Gary

darksider #44
Lets do this!

We plan on leaving at 9:00, so should be there around 10:00ish. FYI, if I see you first, I'm going to scare the hell outta' you! :)

Tony: IHOP 7:30am for breakfast. Unless that's too early?? Change of plans: Kathy can't come till 1:30 or so, and can't bring the Honda. Bummer. Again. Uggh. Anyway,

we'll probably be able to pull out from IHOP about 8:45 for the convention center. See ya there. And concerning Skooter, and the changing of my words above... I don't care what cha twist, but somebody needs to get that rascal to come to dinner. After all, we gotta have something to take pictures of--

Gary

Michelin Pilot Exalto #44