Dunlop American Elites...anyone try?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slardy

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a Dunlop American Elite 200/55-17 on their FJR yet?

I have a friend who is looking for better tire wear.

Slardy

American Elite Size Construction Load Index Speed Rating Size Conversion Rear 200/55ZR-17 Radial 78 (940 lb) V (149 mph)

Dunlop American Elite Rear Tire - Details

Dunlop's American Elite cruiser tire is the only aftermarket motorcycle tire line for Harley-Davidson motorcycles that is designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A. Dunlop's 2nd Generation American Elite is the premier aftermarket choice for Harley-Davidson riders in search of tires that deliver extended tread wear.

Tire size 200/55R-17 (Part# 331-0473) is radial construction

• Delivers enhanced tire mileage thanks to an MT (Multi-Tread) tire compound
  • Incorporates a long wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral grip compound on each shoulder to enhance cornering performance and feel
  • Tread design provides even tread wear and quiet operation in all conditions, wet or dry
  • Sidewall proudly features the American Elite name, Multi-Tread logo, and Made-in-U.S.A. logo
  • These cruiser motorcycle tires are H rated for speeds up to 130 mph (200/55ZR-17 Radial 78 (940 lb) V (149 mph) )

• This cruiser touring tire is tubeless
  • Blackwall
Note:

• Tire size 200/55R-17 (Part# 331-0473) is radial construction, V rated for speeds up to 149 mph, and fits Harley-Davidson Fat Boy models

Harley Touring Guys are getting 12,000+ or so they claim. Interesting to hear if anyone has actually run one on an FJR and what they paired it with on the other end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 14,000 miles outta my first set of PR2's. How much more you looking for? I've got 11,000 on my current set. Expecting to get another 2000 before they burn up. Harley guys should be running Metzler 880 or 888,s. They roll nice and wear like iron. They do tend to drop into a turn (so might not be good for hardley guys).

Short or becoming a "darksider", I'm loving the Michelins. I know Tony routinely gets 18,000 miles (I think he was running PR2's also). I could be wrong.

I wish I could get more than 8-9,000 miles out of my PR2's. Pressure is 42 lb front and back. Buddy has a ZX 14 and has over 12,000 on his. Grrr