The Endo-1800 Fundraiser Bunburner Gold!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hey FJR Forum folks - On Wednesday the 24th, I'm setting out on a ride from Denver, Colorado to Gerlach, Nevada, and will be attempting to ride the "Endo-1800". This ride is an 1800+ mile in 24 hour ride to raise money for a friend of many of us in riding community going through some tough times. Please visit the following site for more info, and to make a donation to sponsor the ride. Every little bit helps. Mitch is "Endo" on these forums and many others, and an all around great and kind guy. Thanks in advance!

https://endo1800.ledrider.com/

P.S. This will be my third BBG1800+, and probably the hardest. It will also be the first one I have done on the FJR
smile.png

Wishing Mitch a speedy recovery and getting back in the saddle as soon as possible. I know on my LD rides the thought of an animal, deer or whatever, darting in front of my bike at those speeds is always in the back and sometimes the front of my mind, and the consequences of such an encounter aren't pretty. May his wounds heal fast.

Oops, I forgot to post the final update here.

A huge thanks to everyone who donated, this last minute ride idea turned out to be way beyond my expectations. In total, $1520 was raised! Mitch is doing remarkably well for having killed two pigs with his Kawi. He's in great spirits, has a great support group around him, and has the attitude and drive to kick this in the ass and recover as quickly as possible. He's able to get up with the walker for short times (with help), and get to the shower etc. He'll be able to start putting weight on his hip and femur in about 6 weeks now and will start physical therapy.

A small group took a ride down from Gerlach NV on Saturday morning to visit him:

10703657_809945032383132_5052298218309479490_n.jpg

Oh, and yes, I did pull off my end of the deal and finished the ride. 1869 miles, with 19 minutes to spare. It was a tough one, but well worth it.