Loose Meat and Greet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ts3doug

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone would be up for maid-rites at taylor's in marshalltown ia?

Pros: um, crumbly hamburger sandwich and a malt. (if that's a pro)

cons: the riding in tthat area is dead flat and straight.

i'm one heck of a salesman.

https://maidrite.com/

Did you say, "Loose Meat?" You didn't REALLY say this on THIS forum, did you? You might want to rephrase that as, "Loose MEET..."
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

bike.gif

Even 'Maid Rites' sounds vaguely ritualistic, involving loose meats. Just like Scottish Rites involve bagpipes and haggas.

Best loose hamburger dish I ever had was at the Koney Island Inn in Pontiac, Michigan. Oddly enough, though some called it a coney-burger and some called it a hamburger, what they got was loose seasoned beef in a hotdog bun, loaded with their signature chili. It's been a long time, but I still remember. I could eat 4 of those things in a hurry. And as a matter of fact, thanks to free but very short lunches, I often did just that.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Even 'Maid Rites' sounds vaguely ritualistic, involving loose meats. Just like Scottish Rites involve bagpipes and haggas.
Many Maid Rites in these parts are near a Kum & Go.

So have fun with that one...

ts3doug, I might be able to find time on Sunday afternoon. I'll check with SWMBO tonight.

Marshalltown Iowa. Now there’s a place that has been permanently burned into my memory banks. Was the lead engineer on a 2+ year project for the JBS plant there (pork processing plant) providing the new automated system in the new high-rise freezer.Before the project was completed, I ended up having a heart attack in Sept of 2010 while on site and got a trip to the ER at the hospital across the street from the Maid Rite. Luckily they were able to get a stent in before things got too bad. Had spent so much time at the Hampton Inn they even sent me a plant while I was in the hospital. Of all the places to eat there in Marshalltown, I’d say one of my favorite places was the Sub Base (maybe the Sub Shop) across from the courthouse. Now the cook-your-own steak place down the road was not too bad either.

Latest posts