It arrived today. (My New 2012)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwortman

Reaction score
I know, I read some other thread here where the consensus opinion was to ahead and buy a current model. Well, I never was much for following the crowd. No dealer in my area was willing to match this deal even on another 2012 much less a current model. Cruise isn't worth that much to me and the rest of the "upgrades" I don't really care about. It sure handles differently than my VFR but I think I am going to have a long and mile filled relationship with this one. I put those sliders on it as soon as I got it off the truck. Then I damn near put them to use when I stopped on a light slope in my driveway and started to go get my helmet. She rolled right off the stand and I luckily noticed it moving and grabbed it. No more stopping in neutral unless on pool table flat ground. Now I have to put a powerlet outlet on it for fall riding.

fjr-1-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, I lurked on a 2012 leftover at my local dealer. I tried to negotiate a deal for it last fall, but they were firm at $12,000. I figured no sense paying retail in October so I went back this May they wouldn't budge on price but offered almost retail on my trade, I thought about it too long and they sold it. I ended up with a mint 2010 with 1600 miles. It fit my budget better but I still think the blue ones prettier. Maybe when there's a blue gen 3.

I bought this from Fuel Powersports in West Bend WI. Had it shipped to CT. It was their last one and they had it advertised at $10,995. The only ones close enough for me to drive to where at $12,000 and up.

That is a great looking bike. I love that blue from the '06 and the '12 models. I was sooo tempted when they revived that blue for 2012. I hope you enjoy that bike.

Congrats! Love the blue, second only to the '07 black cherry
rolleyes.gif
. Curious- how much and how long a wait to have it shipped? And what company did you use? Inquiring (read shopping) minds want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was recently a left over 2012 at a dealer in phoenix and the asking price was over $13K. As far as I know they still have it.
Congrats, that is a pretty bike - nice photo by the way.

yep, they still have it if anyone is interested: https://www.ridenowphoenix.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=269589&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&sq=fjr&fr=xNewInventory
I guess there's a reason it's still on the dealership floor....

BTW the asking price has been reduced to $12,895.

That sure is a nice looking color but I have to agree with Fred about it being the second best color. One of my other favorite color FJRs are the 08 & 09 AEs in Granite Gray. Color preference just comes down to personal choice but I am pretty sure that the Candy Red has to be the fastest color.
rolleyes.gif

The dealer recommended a company called "Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping" AKA "Keyboard Carriage" I wondered about the name and I just googled it and discovered they ship piano's too. The price was $625. I put in the request on a Thursday, they picked it of the following Tuesday and delivered the next Tuesday. They say 2 to 4 weeks but the salesman at the bike dealer says they are almost always 2 weeks or less.