2013 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcultra

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up a 2013 FJR with 4K miles for 12K.

What is the general reaction from folks to this deal? Good, fair to high?

If I don't do this one I'm gonna get the ES, either a 14 or15 next year.

At what point does the price differential cease to matter? General opinion is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Higher than some for a gently used '13 (especially this time of year) but not awful. A great price might be a couple of thousand lower but try figuring the cost per mile over the time you expect to own the bike. Then add up the cost per mile for fuel, tires, general maintenance, insurance, oil etc. A couple of thou extra at the front end of ownership pales into insignificance! (I've done it and it's a frightening calculation.) It's still well below the cost of a new '14 or '15. Get what you want within your limits of fiscal responsibility; you'll be happier in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bone stock? Farkles and extras such as Top case, power ports, upgraded seats, windscreens … all these would have to be factored in.

The cost of picking up the bike (Local vs. Fly and ride) Everything involved in the sale should be considered.

First decide if you want the ES or not. If not .... this works to get you a new(er) bike for $$$ less than new. (I just bought a used '13)

If you want ES... wait to see the '15 color, then buy the color you like best ... Red or ??? (it's only money)

For what it's worth, just picked up a leftover '13 from a dealer in Johnstown, PA for $12,499.00. This didn't include freight / handling, tax, or documentation fees, which added $1,266.00. Traded in my '04 and I'm absolutely thrilled with this '13. There is enough different along with all the new features that it feels, to me, like a different bike. I actually prefer the Stone Grey over the red '14 and I felt the ES was something I probably wouldn't use to its fullest, so I was happy to find this gem waiting for a new home.

Just picked up a lightly used '13 for $10.4k.

I did have to pay $100 to fly to Chitown..but got to ride it back and get used to all the new well thought out improvements over my 04 on the way back.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/160124-2013-fjr1300a-for-sale-central-ohio/

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts