are Red ES's that hard to find?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelzBelz

HipHopLitePopMetalist
Reaction score
I only ask because there is one at my dealer here in Bozeman . (Blitz Motorsports)

Its been here for quite a while. they don't anticipate it moving soon.

No tax in Montana... just saying. But probably tax at registration in your state. (unless you incorporate in Montana, like MANY RV buyers do these days)

They are becoming more difficult to find since they sold very well overall. Some dealers received then but did not have the customer base required to actual interested enough to buy. My local dealer has sold 3 or 4, D&H in Alabama probably sold more than that.

Also, the candy red color had only been available thus model year. The ES had only been available thus model year. Therefore all ES' are red! This pertains only to US models.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called about half a dozen different places in the PNW and only found one at the time. It was at my preferred dealer still in the crate and they were eager to sell to me. Dealers got their initial lot and then have been getting in a few here and there. Hard to find, but not impossibly so.

I actually stopped in my dealer to see and FZ09 in person. They had 3 fz09's on the floor that day, and took me in the back to see the FJR being assembled.

The FZ09's were gone within 30 days IIRC. The FJR is still sitting there, calling my name, but I LOVE my 2009 for now.

Someone come take this 14 ES out of my line of site.....

Iggy's line is most accurate. Getting harder to find, but not impossible. Whereas I would see one fairly regularly at a dealership I was visiting, not so much anymore. But them it is getting very late in the season or model year. The 2015 model will be announced in only a few weeks. Depending on color and any possible MSRP change, that could make the red '14 models very desirable, or a red herring (kind of like the 2012 model was).

Though the FJR and ES models are doing ok, expensive bikes are not doing well across the market. Whether a dealer sells an FJR A or ES, or it sits depends primarily on two variables in my opinion: the type of market the dealer is located in, and how hard they try to sell it.

You should get that '14 ES. Really. As soon as I can afford one I am dropping my POS Gen II 2009 like a hot potato. While I have it set up quite satisfactorily, the ES IS that good, and, that much better.

I like it when Skooter makes me feel even better about my purchasing choice.....
punk.gif

Skooter, do you remember the guy that test rode the ES right after me at MOM's? Yeah, he went back and also bought an ES from them a while later (I guess he wasn't as impulsive as me
wink.png
) He has also joined this forum already as member PRELHE (I have no idea what that means)

The Northeast (and I suspect much of both coastlines) is a more affluent market where expensive ST bikes like the FJR (and BMWs) are apt to do better, and thus the availability will probably be better (and at cheaper discounts) in the mid-section of our vast country.

No wonder that the FZ-09's are flying off the shelf all over the place. That thing is a bigger bargain than the old C1000's were.

I called about half a dozen different places in the PNW and only found one at the time. It was at my preferred dealer still in the crate and they were eager to sell to me. Dealers got their initial lot and then have been getting in a few here and there. Hard to find, but not impossibly so.
I only called one dealer because I knew they had an ES sitting on the showroom floor.....marked down.....and it had been there since April.

my dealer does not have a ES but says he is pretty sure he can get one when I am ready to pull the trigger

Step (1) Go here: https://www.cycletrader.com

Step (2) Search for "2014 FJR 1300 ES"

Step (3) See how many show up. I got 444.

For a comparison, there are 1,441 2014 Gold Wings.

Step (1) Go here: https://www.cycletrader.comStep (2) Search for "2014 FJR 1300 ES"

Step (3) See how many show up. I got 444.

For a comparison, there are 1,441 2014 Gold Wings.
What you are missing here is that dealers will sell a bike that they do not own.

That's right, they are perfectly willing to sell you a new bike and then go scurry around and find the bike in someone else's inventory that they just sold you. Why wouldn't they. Then they don't have the expense or risk of carrying that inventory on their own dime. Yeah they have to pay the sourcing owner of the bike a small fee, but that pales to what it costs them to hold inventory on the floor or in the warehouse.

And if they can't find one, no big deal. They just give you your money back. What recourse do you have?

I will guarantee you there are not 444 new unsold 2014 FJR ES bikes in the US right now. No way.

What you are missing here is that dealers will sell a bike that they do not own.

That's right, they are perfectly willing to sell you a new bike and then go scurry around and find the bike in someone else's inventory that they just sold you. Why wouldn't they. Then they don't have the expense or risk of carrying that inventory on their own dime. Yeah they have to pay the sourcing owner of the bike a small fee, but that pales to what it costs them to hold inventory on the floor or in the warehouse.

And if they can't find one, no big deal. They just give you your money back. What recourse do you have?

I will guarantee you there are not 444 new unsold 2014 FJR ES bikes in the US right now. No way.
True! I bet there aren't even fourteen ES models actually for sale.

Gateway is selling the bike on consignment, the owner probably has the stock exhaust.

Apparently I don't know how to use the "Quote" function, this was in response to n7myr's post

Gateway is selling the bike on consignment, the owner probably has the stock exhaust.
thanks 2deg

I did not get a reply from the email I sent so I think I will have to call them. just been busy and have not had time, but I will get with them and see what they say