How Many FJR's sold per year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
Any idea how many FJR's are sold in the U.S (or worldwide) in a year?

My vin # ends in 1832. From the previous vin # discussions, doesn't that mean that I have #1832 of the "A" model "non-California" model? By the time you add in the ES sales, California sales, and whatever bikes were produced/sold after my #1832, that seems like it would add up to quite a few. Or am I doing this wrong?

Any idea how many FJR's are sold in the U.S (or worldwide) in a year?
Nobody knows for sure. Yamaha never released the information. It's likely something they believe is a trade secret.

That said, I tried to do a basic model year estimate more early in the FJR Model Comparison Matrix. I don't think anybody has a better one...or if they do I'd try and integrate.

As for trying to impart a model count by virtue of VIN numbers isn't accurate. I remember it previously discussed that Yamaha either issues them pseudo-randomly or some code we could not decipher.

Another resource that includes VINs of those that choose to participate is the FJR VIN Registry....which I highly recommend participating in.

Last edited by a moderator: