EOM 2014 Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdgirl

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some of the pictures I took. Surprisingly small number for me but I think I've taken so many pictures of most of the surrounding Maggie Valley area that it no longer holds as much appeal. If we get back up there next month for Spyders in the Smokies @ the Gap I'm betting there will be more leaf-color-changing pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69553118@N05/sets/72157648168677052/

There's now more than 100 ! For whatever reason it put them in my photostream and not the album. Fixed! :D

*grumble grumble* Stupid Permissions. I don't usually use flickr but it was the easiest way to upload an entire selection of photos from my phone. I'm usually an imgur fan.

Here ya go:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk4spFpS

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, finally. Thanks!

I won the scavenger hunt as it seems I'm the only one who knew about it!

I just happened to see a post on the Facebook EOM group about it (a link to the thread on the forum(s)), unfortunately I saw it 2 hours after we'd left the Gap and stood right next to Killboy so we had to go back on Saturday to get his picture.

I figured that would happen because I didn't think anyone would be checking the forums after arrival. Next year I'm hoping to put together a really cool scavenger hunt. Hopefully clocklaw will let me help :)

Okay, I'll add some of what I have. The whole collection, and larger pics, is on my SmugMug site here: https://burnspot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/EOM-2014/

Yep
IMG_3364-M.jpg

Thursday arrival. Things started quietly enough.
IMG_3365-M.jpg

Lounging...my hat spawned a Petey.
IMG_3367-M.jpg

Friday morning....
IMG_3369-M.jpg

Our first stop on Friday morning was the Wheels Through Time museum. Went there during last year's rainy EOM, but had to see what'd changed. Dale's showing off some new old stuff.
IMG_3370-M.jpg

Dale showed us what a $500k classic racer sounds like...
IMG_3372-M.jpg

Looks unwieldy.
IMG_3375-M.jpg

If you didn't know, just about everything in the museum runs.
IMG_3378-M.jpg

On the Cherohala. A few of us gave the trees a closer inspection and shared some used coffee.
IMG_3382-M.jpg

Bald River Falls was looking pretty good.
IMG_3384-M.jpg

Gratuitous self-promotion... Bob's in the background with Janet, probably discussing the next U-Turn.
wink.png

IMG_3388-M.jpg

Overlook at the Dragon. We stopped so the pirate parade we had been following, that didn't stop, could creep on ahead.
IMG_3392-M.jpg

Wayne's toy.
IMG_3396-M.jpg

Friday night. Things are hoppin'.
IMG_3399-M.jpg

IMG_3400-M.jpg

Crap photo, but it's Bob riding his new bike.
IMG_3402-M.jpg

Saturday morning breakfast at Joey's Pancake House. HRZ, Bob, Janet, Kim, Heidi.
IMG_3403-M.jpg

Out and about.
IMG_3404-M.jpg

We wanted a clear-view overlook on the BRP and found one.
IMG_3405-M.jpg

IMG_3406-M.jpg

Saturday afternoon at the MV Inn...
IMG_3410-M.jpg

Gathering for the group photo...
IMG_3412-M.jpg

Saturday banquet. I must say, the food was outstanding! Art is patiently waiting for grub.
IMG_3413-M.jpg

IMG_3414-M.jpg

Sunday morning departures...
IMG_3415-M.jpg

We headed for the Snake. Stopping for kettle corn in Linville first though...
IMG_3416-M.jpg

Mountain City.
IMG_3417-M.jpg

The Snake delivered...then we stopped for a break.
IMG_3418-M.jpg

IMG_3419-M.jpg

I split away from Bob and the gang at the 58/16 split in VA and continued east towards home. By the time I reached Lovers Leap, darkness was well on the way.
IMG_3421-M.jpg

IMG_3423-M.jpg

Even with approaching darkness. These roads...
IMG_3424-M.jpg

Fin.

Excellent pics and dialog to color it in. When I get time, I'll put mine together.

So... you and Petey look like identical twins! :)

IMG_3367-M.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, it was fun riding with you on Friday. I am in New Mexico so still a couple days from home. I think I can find a few to post once I get there.

On behalf of the Witness Protection Program we appreciate my face was no where to be seen in these photos.

I know.... you appreciate it too.