BMW HP4 too tame for ya?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
Then pull up yur gurly pants and take a look at THIS!

I'm VERY surprised this hasn't been discussed on the forum.

You can keep your Suzuki HayaBurgman!!
tongue.png

kawasaki-ninja-h2r-26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You just cost Richard more money and the first service on his slow ass Beemer isn't until tomorrow
punk.gif

In all truth, the H2R isn't street legal...and the H2 Street version ain't gonna be pushin' 300 horsepressures, but I bet it will consume a BMW without a burp.
biggrin.png

Maybe Richard can get an annulment? :p

Had mine removed 37 years ago...fortunately, the post-surgical hormone therapy supplements me nicely, thankyouverymuchbitch!
fuck.gif

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4 liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.

That fairing looks like an origami project. Kudos to Kawi for stepping out of the proverbial, generic box though.

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4 liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.
You did mean ONE LITER bike, right? Anyway, I have been watching this thing as Kawasaki has been gradually pulling back the wraps over the last couple weeks. I never would have believed it. What a machine. But on another note, since when did any manufacturer advertise and reveal a track-only bike in this manner? We're told that in a few weeks, Captain K will be releasing a street-going version of this platform. Seems like they would have revealed the streeter first, but what do I know? I'm sure the Big K marketing machine knows what they're doing. It's hard to argue with the 300 hp tidal wave that is quickly engulfing motorcycle headlines.

Anyway, I was there in 1972 when the news first came out about the original H2. At the time, most of us youngin's were enamored with the mighty H2. My buddy Dave's brother had one, and I found out first hand how scary it was. But in truth, it was a very different concept than Big K's latest effort.

The original H2 was a beautiful machine:

DSCF06031.jpg

Sure it was quick, but not a whole lot quicker than the competition of the day. It had a little more horsepower (I'm thinking 74??) than the competition. Honda's 750 four had 67.

--And maybe a little less weight, but a serious penchant for wheelies due to a subferior (is that even a word?) wheelbase... hence the term "widowmaker." The handling was awful and vibration, engine noise and lots of two stroke smoke came along with the package.

By comparison, the new H2 appears to be a truly cutting edge machine. Not only has Kawasaki hit a serious horsepower homerun, they have thrown down the gauntlet once again. As if the ZX14 wasn't already the king in the acceleration arena, they went and built this thing. Not sure what the street-going version will be like, but no doubt it will devour anything on the road today at the drag strip. Wonder how quickly it can chew through a new rear tire? Ha... owners will need a new routine: pull in the station, fill the tank, check the oil, change out the tire, and you're set to go !!!

Gary

darksider #44

That is one bad mother. It reminds me however of the old saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should". That is a $hit ton of HP. At some point it doesn't seem possible to transmit that much HP to the ground. I assume it will have traction control and wheelie prevention (not on the race bike i'm sure).

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4, liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.
You did mean ONE LITER bike, right?
Yes, omitted comma.

I had a H1. Surprising I survived the experience at 20 or so years old.

They say the H2R is for racing. What sort of racing? Drags I guess, but I have to wonder what sort of organized racing will allow a Supercharged, I4, liter bike. But if the goal was to build a sphincter tightening bike, then it appears Kawasaki is spot on.
You did mean ONE LITER bike, right?
Yes, omitted comma.

I had a H1. Surprising I survived the experience at 20 or so years old.
I remember walking out of Waterford Kettering High somewhere around 1971 looking out into the parking lot and watching the show. Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, Road Runners, big blocks, hemis, headers, SS Cragars, and in the midst of it all, something really got my attention. One day some fool on an Kawasaki H1 was blasting down the front end of the parking lot doing a wheelie. The engine was just screaming. I was bit. The sound of a three cylinder two stroke was like none other on earth, at least to this 15 year old impressionable young man. I remember thinking, "I gotta get me one of them things." However, I never did. My wallet could only handle a 125 enduro. Maybe that's why I'm still alive to talk about it...

Gary

darksider #44

I put expansion chambers without any silencers on mine. One night I came home at about 2 AM. My dad was standing on the front porch when I arrived. He said, "I've been listening to every upshift and downsift you've made for the last ten minutes. That bike goes or you both go." I had a Yamaha XS650 within a week.

Oh man...I want one! I want one! I want one!

I don't get where it will race either, but I'd love to see it on the Salt Flats.