Suzuki is Back!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last race, this year, will give a glance of 2015, "Suzuki will make a wildcard appearance at this season’s final race, the Valencia GP.".

I been waiting for this for a year or two. Can't wait to see how they do with good drivers. Also to see what paint scheme they choose. I would like to see Pol and Alexis on Suzuki team if they have a competitive bike. Aprilia is joining MotoGP in 2015 with a prototype with Bautista driving and BMW is also looking to join MotoGP around 2017,2018. I hope to see many constructors battling for the title shortly. So ready for next season if new constructors are competitive.

I been waiting for this for a year or two. Can't wait to see how they do with good drivers. Also to see what paint scheme they choose. I would like to see Pol and Alexis on Suzuki team if they have a competitive bike.
Here you go...https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/suzuki-motogp-2015-aleix-espargaro-maverick-vinales/

Aprilia is joining MotoGP in 2015 with a prototype with Bautista driving and BMW is also looking to join MotoGP around 2017,2018. I hope to see many constructors battling for the title shortly. So ready for next season if new constructors are competitive.
Indeed, Aprilia is coming back with Bautista on board.https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/aprilia-racing-return-motogp-gresini/

Don't know about BMW, but KTM is joining...

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/ktm-rc16-motogp-2017/

What a sweet looking machine!

2015-Suzuki-GSX-RR-MotoGP-race-bike-02.jpg

I have my doubts on Suzuki's performance next year. I'm expecting them to be around where the open hondas have been performing this year. Aprilia wont even be in the points. It will be impossible for them to be anywhere near competitive until 2016. Even then they will probably not be any better than mid field. I do have good expectations from Ducati for next year. Gigi is doing a fine job developing the desmo, and Dovi is killing it (compared to recent Duc riders) this year.

BMW surprisingly, to me at least, has set new track records and outright won 4 of 5 events this year at the IOMTT with their S1000RR...good to see Suzuki back in MotoGP...funny, they build rocket street bikes but couldnt compete in MotoGP...Hopper maybe coulda been a champ on any other bike...hope this round is better for them and more will be better for us fans.

Lots of big changes for MotoGP in the next 2 years. Jack Miller jumping up from Moto3 will be interesting. Cal to LCR Honda, Bradl to Forward Racing, Espargaro and Vinalez to Suzuki, Redding with Marc VDS, Bautista to Aprilia and Iannone to team up with Dovi on the factory Ducati. Also Michelin back to being the tire supplier in '16 and the new software rule coming up. I am hoping for closer races and some different faces on the podium once in a while.

So what are we thinking here... Suzuki is going to be a wildcard entry for Valenica. What place do you think Randy De Puniet will finish I say about 10th or 11th place. If luck maybe 8th. Any thoughts?

No, not good at all. Not sure they can compete with the big 2 next year, but will still be good to have different blood in the race. I look forward to seeing Duc next season, as I think they are making some inroads. Braking should be an area to work on though.

+ 1 I agree with you. I'm really hoping Suzuki can bridge the 2 second gap per lap. That is killing them not to mention they blew there engines during the Valencia race and practice. The Ducati with the Italians driving will be something fierce! I like how Crutchlow put some serious battles with Dovi during the race on an older and non updated bike. I mean WTH. Ducati is dumping me, non updated bike, no longer Dovi is no longer my teammate and lose my bike as of Monday. Hell yeah ride it like I stole it.