Kawasaki H2...R

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be fun to see where it ends up in street tune. Should be a function of software and exhaust, me thinks.

Too many videos.

Without sorting through all the hype, do they ever mention the engine displacement?

I can just see the de-tuned version in the hands of an army of young bucks across the nation itching to message that magic 300 out of it. This should provide some very interesting reading going forward. Stay tuned to the net boys, this should be interesting. Wonder if Kamasak will be offering test rides. I'm thinking: NOT.

Sharif: I'm thinking that to make 300 hp out of a 1000cc bike that they'd have to lean on that blower pretty good. I'm also thinking that it might involve cutting down the compression a bit so the engine can survive under all the boost. That said, I'm also wondering if a de-tuned version might carry higher compression pistons.

Just wondering.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Superbikeplanet.com is reporting that the H2R it is a race only bike.

to quote:

NOTES
1. The Ninja H2R is a closed-course model; it may not be ridden on public roads
2. The Ninja H2R is a mass-production model
3. The street model (Ninja H2) will be released at EICMA
2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2?R, page 2 of 5

But there might be a street version. Hopefully there will be a model at the bike show this year.

Sport Tourer at 250 hp, anyone?
punk.gif

Any bike that has Carbon Fiber winglets on it must mean business. I'd venture to guess that they actually are functional rather than put on for racy looks like some of those knuckleheads do when they bolt a picnic table on the back of a Civic. That bike defines the term " going 100 miles an hour, sitting still".
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think it looks unbelievably hot. Apparently the wings are for aero and cooling.

Can't wait to learn all about it.

Also, thoughts on the quarter? I'm thinking 9.2x @ somewhere around 160.

I think it looks unbelievably hot. Apparently the wings are for aero and cooling.
Can't wait to learn all about it.

Also, thoughts on the quarter? I'm thinking 9.2x @ somewhere around 160.
WAAAAY faster than that assuming managing the front tire...

I would expect to see very low 8's High 7's @ 170 again assuming managing wheelies

Some real good marketing fluff, but not much there in the way of substance.

That "neighborhood of 300 HP" will have to be seen.

I don't quite understand why all the big hype about the house brand blower It is really easy to build a compressor that delivers the intake pressure to double the torque output of an engine. What isn't so easy is building an engine that can withstand the internal forces of that doubled torque, and then to make it spin the high rpms that would be needed to turn that torque into 300 HP... ?

Well, like I said it will be interesting to see what it really will be.

Fluff or not....they already have made me want to ride one....so the marketing must be working...

No...not the marketing....again...."Super Charged Motor" still has me hooked....

I had an H2 back in the day....and I wouldn't call it a technological wonder....but fuck it was fast... :)

Last edited by a moderator: