New street only Kaw adv bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth1

Reaction score
Just the other day I remarked to a colleague, "I wish somebody would stuff an inline four into a long-travel, ADV-style package." Guess I forgot to mention "with shaft drive." Dang.

I test road one of them last year (available in Canada). Meh.

Years ago I test rode the 650 Versys with great expectations and came away with the same feeling.

The new 1000 sure looks good, but if it don't put a smile on your face........

Looks just like a Ducati Multi which I think is stunning. Too bad it did not live up to the $22,000 price tag.

Hopefully the 120 HP is at the wheel and not the crank. Lot of nice bikes on the market these days.

Maybe it would be an alernative to a liter VStrom. ???

I have the Versys 650. Partly because it was cheap. 2014, $6,800 brand new out the door w/ABS. Added some cans. Longest trip (so far) 2,100 miles.

Does OK on gravel, considering the street tires.

Nebraska25Jul2014_zpsd480e0b7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Versys 650. Partly because it was cheap. 2014, $6,800 brand new out the door w/ABS. Added some cans. Longest trip (so far) 2,100 miles.

How much does your gas mileage drop when you put those bags on?

I don't know for sure, because mounted the bags shortly after buying the bike. Getting in the low 40's on the interstates.

I was wondering how much cornering clearance is lost. Looks like they'll drag along with the peg feelers.
winksmiley02.gif

I was wondering how much cornering clearance is lost. Looks like they'll drag along with the peg feelers. :winksmiley02:
Lowered the bike about an inch front and rear - and have run the rear tire all the way out to the edge. Haven't dragged the cans yet.