Anyone have pictures of V47 Givi with 2014 red?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
I've heard the color match is close enough. While thinking of painting my existing E460 black topbox, I went to a paint shop and man does my saddlebag on my 2014 change color in the sunlight. Thought we had a color match and then from a different angle....nope. So leaning towards a Givi V47 case with the red, but can't find ANY pictures of how the colored lid looks on it.

Thanks,

Don.

Interesting. My V47 case will be here tomorrow, but I got the black matte. I had no idea colored panels were available.

It's like a $68 option. I "believe" you would get the black matte anyway at full price, and add a separate "skin" that fits on a portion of the lid. There is a red color that is supposedly very close to matching. I believe the scare of a close color match scared off a bunch of people. There is a picture on this forum of a V46 with the red lid. Color looks pretty close. I would like to see how it looks on a V47. I don't believe the red color covers as much on the V47.

I have a Givi V46 that I got the Givi R301 colored lid for. The V47 lid is also available painted the R301 color. Good Givi dealer here

It is a fairly good match for the 2014 Yamaha Candy Red, but not perfect. The main difference is that the metal flake is silvery on the Givi, but is more of a gold flake on the bike.

Photos:

100_4695.jpg

100_4694.jpg

If you are real picky about color matches you may not be happy. It is plenty close enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
the V46 red is also a perfect match for me. I honestly dont see the diff to the Yamaha red

Does anyone have a picture of a red Givi V47? All of the pictures I can find are of pure black (or tinted) ones.

And Fred, that red looks pretty dang good in the picture. I am thinking the V47 colored lid is much less red coverage, although it's been hard to find on google photos.

I was told that the red panel for the Givi V47 has been discontinued. Of course I found this out after I received this top case and it came in matte black instead of with the metallic red panel I wanted.

I have a Givi V46 that I got the Givi R301 colored lid for. The V47 lid is also available painted the R301 color. Good Givi dealer here
It is a fairly good match for the 2014 Yamaha Candy Red, but not perfect. The main difference is that the metal flake is silvery on the Givi, but is more of a gold flake on the bike.

Photos:

[img=[URL="https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/2014%20FJR1300%20ES/100_4695.jpg%5D"]https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/2014%20FJR1300%20ES/100_4695.jpg][/URL]

[img=[URL="https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/2014%20FJR1300%20ES/100_4694.jpg%5D"]https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/2014%20FJR1300%20ES/100_4694.jpg][/URL]

If you are real picky about color matches you may not be happy. It is plenty close enough for me.

Is the tank pad from tech mount. It looks good from ado portion standpoint. Some I have seen are just too big.

Yes. Those are the Tech Spec Snakeskin. Unfortunately on both of the front edges it is already lifting after having ridden through the rain in Maine, (mainly on the plain)
tonguesmiley.gif

I'm going to have to come up with some sort of way to re-glue it down without damaging the paint on the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Those are the Tech Spec Snakeskin. Unfortunately on both of the front edges it is already lifting after having ridden through the rain in Maine, (mainly on the plain) :tonguesmiley:
I'm going to have to come up with some sort of way to re-glue it down without damaging the paint on the tank.
Exactly my concern. They may just be too big to adhere to the curvature of the tank.?? Can you cut them down a bit without showing the cuts in the pattern or the border finish?

I have the Tech Spec Snakeskin. Had them on my 2008 for 10k miles. And moved them to the 2014 now. Have not had an issue, although I don't have the confidence that they will stick after being moved like I did on the first application. So far so good. They are awesome, and look great. If they peel I will buy new ones and put them on again.

I did cut down the center piece (where the belt buckle goes) as I thought it was a little big. But that is just my preference.

I like the big center piece as the rear end of my Bags Connection City Evo tang bag is supported on the wider top part (as seen in the 2nd photo above) while the bottom protects from my jacket zippers.

I've had the Snakeskin on my '09 since about June 2010 just after I bought the FJR. The very front upper corner peeled back about 1/16" fairly quickly but hasn't peeled any farther even with all the rain, cold and high temps that they have been subjected to. I don't even notice it anymore except when I wax the bike and go around all the seams with a bristle brush to remove dried on wax that wasn't buffed out.

What is this waxing thing of which you speak?

Would you be willing to travel to the upper outreaches of the northeast to demonstrate on our machines?

We would buy you a lobstah dinner. Hell we bought Skooter a lobstah dinner and he didn't wax anything (that we are aware of)