Aftermarket mufflers for the 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just looking at what mufflers are available for the 2014 model. At this stage i have just looked at Two Brothers,Akrapovic,Remus and Vance&Hines. Are there any others that have caught your eye???

Regards

Gazza

I've always been a Holeshot fan myself, but the Yamaha GYTR slip-ons are currently on my lust list. They look great and give a throatier sound but not too loud. Quietest of the aftermarket slip-ons I have heard.

Delkevic is a good slip-on at a great price. The baffles inside are easily removable to adjust their sound louder or quieter. With baffles is, they are quieter than Two Bros, but still produce a nice throaty sound. They even come in different lengths - 8", 14" or 18".

I like my Staintunes and hold the cats please.
smile.png

Cheers guys and Skooter the Yamaha GYTR's do look quite tasty i must say. Better go check out what Leo Vince has on offer as well.

Regards to all

Gazza

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys and Skooter the Yamaha GYTR's do look quite tasty i must say. Better go check out what Leo Vince has on offer as well.
Regards to all

Gazza
You better be sitting down when you look at the price of those GYTR's!

Any mods necessary to run any of these slip-ons? or do the computerized newer bikes compensate.
No mods required on the '08, '09 or '14 I've had aftermarket exhausts installed. No hesitation, not stumbling, no lean running on any of them!

Any mods necessary to run any of these slip-ons? or do the computerized newer bikes compensate.
You may want to block off the PAIR system. (Do Gen III have PAIR?)

There are no performance issues, but you may experience some 'popping' on deceleration with PAIR. There's lots of information on the forum regarding PAIR, including where and how to obtain a very nice set of custom Wynpro PAIR block off plates.

You may want to block off the PAIR system. (Do Gen III have PAIR?)

There are no performance issues, but you may experience some 'popping' on deceleration with PAIR. There's lots of information on the forum regarding PAIR, including where and how to obtain a very nice set of custom Wynpro PAIR block off plates.
Good point! And yes, Gen 3 bikes have PAIR. The Wynpro makes it easy to pull the tubing off, install the plates and cap the large tube port so there is no more popping - just a nice throaty sound!

Staintune stainless steel quality is top notch. Permanently packed so no service needed. I have used the same pair on my 05, 08 &14 models. Over 100,000 miles on the same set.

GYTRs run about $1000

Staintune about $1500

Had Staintune on my last bike.

Bought the system used. Ran it hard.

Never had an issue. A very fine product, worth every penny.

Staintune stainless steel quality is top notch. Permanently packed so no service needed. I have used the same pair on my 05, 08 &14 models. Over 100,000 miles on the same set.
Remus as well but in Ti or C fiber $1400 (I have the Ti).

Beowulf has some nice options too.