Picked up a New '13 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kballowe

Reaction score
Rode it home an hour in the rain.

I think that the cruise control is going to be nice.

Liked the color better than the '14.

Liked the $11,000 price better, too.

Why can't I still just have a knob for my heated grip's ?

;-)

Congrats!

No knob gives you more space for other things like aftermarket light switches, etc.
mda.gif

It's been raining like crazy here. Four inches in the rain guage so far today with more on the way.

This is my third FJR. I've been here since 2007 but rarely post.

I know that the Gen II was improved over the Gen I. This Gen III seems to have extra "stuff" like heated grips, ABS, traction control, 2 mode ECM, blah blah blah.

Oh and the windscreen stays put when ya turn off the key. No need to take it apart and "fix" it like the older ones.

Looks like Gen II seats fit, but not windscreens. Yeah, same old seat.

Overall, the bike will certainly put a smile on your face. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new wheels! Yes, there are numerous refinements on the Gen 3 compared to prior generations...isn't it great!?
punk.gif

Thats awesome.....

I had the same shit happen to me, bought the 05 out of town, dealer sat and dicked around on the paperwork, had a widow of opportunity to get home dry, but they blew that for me, was fun either way, since the big smile dwarfed the rain ride home by miles...

Congrats - I agree, the 13 color to me is better then the 14..... Waiting for the 15 and hopefully we don't get let down

Congrats kballwoe! BTW is that about a 65' Honda 305 Super Hawk as your avatar? Had a couple back in the early 70's.