06 ABS front wheel works properly on 04 ABS FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don G

Reaction score
I finally bought an '06 FJR ABS front wheel and rotors just to see if it'd fit my '04 ABS. It does. ABS works properly. I made no changes to the bike or wheel, or sensor.

I now think that if the wheel is an F93 casting and has a pressed-in ABS sensor cog that LOOKS right, then it will fit an '04. I do not know why the 06 wheel has a different part number, nor do I know if an '04 wheel will work on an '06, but I believe it will.

I think this means any 04-07 ABS front wheel will cross. I have no idea why the part numbers are different, maybe the paint?

FWIW,
Don

Welcome,

As i said you somewhere else,try to lock very carefully your front wheel on a slippery road to confirm if the ABS works right..I mean if you feel the pulse on your hand,and please let us know..Very useful information if it works..

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this matrix? WHERE is it?

I have tried to get this question answered many times over the years with no success.

Thanks,

Don

{Mihalis 14 October 2014 - 10:43 AM}Yes,it fit,but the ABS confirmed that it works?
According to the linked matrix in post #5

'04 to '07 ABS interchangeable'08 ‐ '11 ABS interchangeable

('04 to '07 ABS not compatible with '08 ‐ '11 ABS due to different sensor ring)

Thanks ionbeam
smile.png

Is that second one incorrect? It should be '08-'12. Hell, don't know if any of that has changed for '13 or '14.

FWIW, I'm not bitching, just 'pointing out.' :)

Is that second one incorrect? It should be '08-'12. Hell, don't know if any of that has changed for '13 or '14.
FWIW, I'm not bitching, just 'pointing out.'
smile.png
As stated several times in other threads...I will be updating the matrix when Yamaha releases '15 data. The Matrix is a bit out of date in a few select spots and think that may be one I will be updating.

Is that second one incorrect? It should be '08-'12. Hell, don't know if any of that has changed for '13 or '14.FWIW, I'm not bitching, just 'pointing out.' :)
As stated several times in other threads...I will be updating the matrix when Yamaha releases '15 data. The Matrix is a bit out of date in a few select spots and think that may be one I will be updating.
Stop yelling at me. I must have accidently been ignoring you in those other threads. Sorry...I'll try to be better!

FWIW, I'm not bitching, just 'pointing out.'
smile.png
Stop yelling at me. I must have accidently been ignoring you in those other threads. Sorry...I'll try to be better!
Yelling? Can't tell if you're serious without emoticons.

<sarcasm>Yes, I must drop my text 10 decibels in volume and quit typing with so many caps and exclamation points.....it's like I'm virtually spitting in your face with anger and killing innocent kittens.
rolleyes.gif
</sarcasm>

As for the OP...I see it's been answered.

{Ignacio Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:52 AM}

{HotRodZilla Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:43 AM}

Yelling? Can't tell if you're serious without emoticons...
I believe that ol' HotRod is strictly a phone-y person and may not have access to the emoticons needed to shore up his posts.

{Ignacio Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:52 AM}
{HotRodZilla Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:43 AM}

Yelling? Can't tell if you're serious without emoticons...
I believe that ol' HotRod is strictly a phone-y person and may not have access to the emoticons needed to shore up his posts.
Ahh. I might be a bit hyper sensitive today after some bizarre BS elsewhere. Thx for the heads up.
wink.png

Lesse...From my phone, I know these emoticons: :fuck: :no: :) and that's about it.

I didn't think any of those applied, but yes, I was just screwing with you! I'm sitting on an OverTime post, making mad money but bored out of my mind, so the Forum is keeping me busy. Lol...