In State SS1000 Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say you should get receipts in Portland, Pendleton, Baker City, Bend and either Klamath Falls or Ashland. That will show you hit the furthest corners of your route. I don't see any shortcuts from point to point that would make the ride shorter than what you have mapped out.

I'm not an expert. But I have completed 2 in-state SS1000s (AZ and NM).

Looks like a great ride. Good luck.

John

I live in McMinnville and have planned a very similar route. The biggest difference was that I run east until Ontario before heading back west. I was going to attempt this over the summer, but a change of jobs put a kibash on that...

Let me know when you are planning this, maybe there is a chance we can coordinate our schedules.

Good luck!

I live in McMinnville and have planned a very similar route. The biggest difference was that I run east until Ontario before heading back west. I was going to attempt this over the summer, but a change of jobs put a kibash on that...
Let me know when you are planning this, maybe there is a chance we can coordinate our schedules.

Good luck!
probably not tell next season I nursing a back injury that will keep me down tell after the snow flys....

Good luck!
hmm that is another option to look at, appealing since it cuts out a chunk of highway 97...

Solid route, I've done 3 SS1k Oregon ones so far and 1 Oregon BBG.... IBA memorial ride kicks off on the 25th- going to do it then?

Here is the route I had in mind. I think the only places fuel receipts,besides begin and end, that are required would be Ontario and Klamath Falls.
https://goo.gl/maps/dOrNt
I'm interested - and this looks good except I think 58 would be tiresome after 800 miles. I'd tend to fill up in Ontario, Lakeview, and Ashland, endure the Green Springs and cruze the last 1/4 on interstate. This summer coming up from Cali I made pretty good time chasing a Lexus, 2 Acuras, a Beemer 5 series, and a Mercedes from Grants Pass to Salem.

Here is the route I had in mind. I think the only places fuel receipts,besides begin and end, that are required would be Ontario and Klamath Falls.
https://goo.gl/maps/dOrNt
I'm interested - and this looks good except I think 58 would be tiresome after 800 miles. I'd tend to fill up in Ontario, Lakeview, and Ashland, endure the Green Springs and cruze the last 1/4 on interstate. This summer coming up from Cali I made pretty good time chasing a Lexus, 2 Acuras, a Beemer 5 series, and a Mercedes from Grants Pass to Salem.
So your thought is to zip across 66, and bomb up I5 home? Seems like a great way to go. I agree with the twisty 2-laners being extra tiring after a full day of riding. I've done that I5 shot an the end of a long day of riding and it's pretty much autopilot and go.

Let's pick a day and get this done!

Looks like fun. I will see when this is happening and perhaps join in or strike out solo from Lapine.

More fun and more frustrating- the bigger the group the more variables for stopping and how long to fuel up.

If it works out I'd be interested- I have 2 pillions that still need certified