Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironfish

Reaction score
What do people do with your helmet when you stop for lunch or some thing, This is my first fjr and the first bike that didn't have a place to hange yor helmet.

Thanks Rick.

Side case if one is free, or tie it to the bike with a cable and padlock.

If I have no room in my bags, which it will easily fit, I have a lock and cable I hang somewhere on the bike. I may also just leave it nestled in between the bars against the windshield if I'm close by and watching the bike. Never hang a helmet on the mirror. It collapses the foam, that helps decelerate your brain on impact. I call that bad. ;)

I also use one of these locked to the grab rail occasionally.

132177_CarabinerHelmetLock.jpg

I use my disk lock as a padlock, whether or not I install the disk lock onto the disk.

I run the steel "reminder cable" (which I got with the disk lock) through the chin guard of my full-face helmet, and to the bike,

with the disk lock either locked to the disk, or locked to the cable, running through the bike frame. It's a Kryptonite disk lock.

Steveoreno mentioned what I use. Except, I use a good cable lock. We have boxes full of the free locks and honestly, they are shit. Not so much the cable as the cheesy keys they use. I've never tried to break one, but my cable lock is a Master Lock and at least feels like it's stronger.

Cheap, light, easy to pack, and I can lock two helmets with one cable. Hopefully enough to deter most of the losers.

I have a license plate holder that doubles as a two helmet holder.
I also sit to eat facing my parked bike whenever possible.
Yeah, 'cuz you're gonna drop your chimichanga and run your old ass outside to catch the 20 year old methed out 110lb track star dumbass that just ran away with your $400 helmet. Lol...

When the cops show up 45 minutes later, maybe they can chase him down... :no: :fuck: :)