Fall Camping 10/31 to 11/2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Yeah, so all the leaves may be gone by, but I can't get away until then. Planning to camp at Watoga State Park, WV (Marlinton area)

Who's in?

Count me in!

I think last time we camped at Watoga...it was like 32 degrees at departure on Sunday morning.
cold.gif
A heat wave compared to the 16 degree temp, when we left Hungry Mother SP on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Not in... not only am I done with cold weather camping... I'm hoping to get out for a 2 day/1 night excursion this weekend to check out the leaves while they are still on the trees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet Goshen Pass is gonna' rock!

I'll bet Goshen Pass is gonna' rock!
Looking forward to the pictures!

IN! Beemerdon's will be a few minutes late.
Bring the beer barge!

Count me in!I think last time we camped at Watoga...it was like 32 degrees at departure on Sunday morning.
cold.gif
A heat wave compared to the 16 degree temp, when we left Hungry Mother SP on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
I remember it was 21 when we got up Saturday morning. Hungry Mother? Well that was just insane!

Yeah, you certainly better hope so Robert.

Aw man. I'd love to meet some of you weirdos, but I'm already going on a ride that weekend. And for the record, cold weather camping kicks ass. The beer is better, the fire is better, and if you can find someone to share your tent with...

Aw man. I'd love to meet some of you weirdos, but I'm already going on a ride that weekend. And for the record, cold weather camping kicks ass. The beer is better, the fire is better, and if you can find someone to share your tent with...
I consider "weirdo" an endearing term. You are right. Cold weather camping is great. I remember camping with my son and dog once. We woke up in the morning with frost on the inside of the tent! As long as you have the right gear cold is no problem. The beer and fire are much better too!

I like camping that time of year, but it includes getting up very early, and hiking around the mountains, with a rifle in my arms.
smile.png

Yeah, so all the leaves may be gone by, but I can't get away until then. Planning to camp at Watoga State Park, WV (Marlinton area)

Who's in?
I might be able to meet you for a ride along the way depending on what roads your are going to ride. Don't have any tent gear yet, and my trailer is a little too big to tow behind the bike.

Who's in?
I might be able to meet you for a ride along the way depending on what roads your are going to ride. Don't have any tent gear yet, and my trailer is a little too big to tow behind the bike.
I will probably post up what we will do on Saturday a few days before launch.