Givi SR357 v/s Laam?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ijuggle

Reaction score
Will the passenger handles of a Givi SR357 mounted on an 2014ES with a Laam passenger seat rub on the seat like my Russell did? (With the Russell my wife could not wrap her hands around the handles because the seat pressed against the Givi handles)

Is the seat already built? If not you just tell Seth Laam what you need and he will build it to suit. Of course the extra width means extra support means extra comfort.

The sides of a Laam seat will rest against the 357 grab rails. With a trunk in place, the SO says it's not that big a deal and she still feels secure in the pillion position.

YMMV

--G

I agree with George. If a topcase is back there, the grab rails become moot. On hard braking, she is pressing against my hips or lower back. On hard accel., she is going woo hoo and grabbing down low for a hand hold.

I have both. Only the back part of the rear seat rubs the bracket. She'll easily be able to grab plenty of the bars just behind her hips with or without the case on.

On hard accel., she is going woo hoo and grabbing down low ...........
Pardon?
uhoh.gif