Fall Foliage Photo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
This is mine.

001_zps5da5cf43.jpg

I had to do my annual Parkway trip in the cage this year due to (another) torn rotator cuff, due for surgery in a few weeks. The upside was, I was able to pack more photo gear than I normally would have on the bike. A few pics from Mabry Mill:

DSC00024.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

Waterfall on Little River Rd. :

SDIM0058-1.jpg

Ground fog at the Pisgah Inn just before sunrise:

DSC00051-1.JPG

Groundhog Mtn., on the Parkway:

DSC00023.JPG

Parkway foliage:

DSC00019-1.JPG

Foliage on the Parkway is nicer this year than a lot of previous years, IMHO.

That is a fine pic. But why are those leaves that funny color? Everything is still green down here and my grass is still growing.
They have something up north called "seasons." It's when the temperature drops so low that water freezes. It's pretty crazy stuff.

I was hoping to get out this Saturday and see some of the fall colors, but it seems here in WNY that the rain and wind have shortened the color viewing season. A lot of the colors are laying on the ground now waiting to be raked...I will have to get my fix through these fine photos instead.

A few more, the graveyard behind the Baptist church in Cades Cove:

IMG_0197-1.JPG

Little River Rd., Smoky Mtns. Park:

SDIM0062-1.jpg

View from the peak of Mt. Mitchell:

IMG_0220-1.JPG

BRP overlook:

IMG_0222-1.JPG

I used this one on the North America Photo Tag game.

100_4768.jpg

Was looking for some trees that match my new bike.
wink.png

Here's another not far from the first

100_4763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. "Place of much water" it is.

Here are a few more...

Squam River Covered Bridge, Ashland, NH

SquamRiverBridge10-26-2008.jpg

Hermit Lake Sanbornton, NH

IMG_2701.jpg

Bear Notch Road, Bartlett, NH (seasonal) That is Mount Washington off in the distance, just above the bike.

100_1026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are all great photos. They are an inspiration and make me want to travel there. Hell I ride the Unofficial Dam Tour - clearly I don't need much of an excuse to go for a ride!
smile.png

So I am asking folks please add the location. This has the potential to grow into something very nifty. Say for instance it was titled Great Roads to Ride - imagine the possibilities.

Latest posts