best phone for BT headsets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glidepro

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a Sena 20S or the Uclear HBC200's mostly for riding 2 up with the wife.

Both seem to be well reviewed can I could still go either way, but.... we are also looking at phone upgrades and I'm wondering about the 2 working together as a system.

I am looking at the S5 or IPhone 6. So.......

Any comments on usability? specifically things like:

• media playing
  • usability of Siri vs Google now via the headsets
  • ease of making, receiving calls
  • voice replying to txts
  • how well they handle a mix of nav, music, and intercom
  • any other oddities you've noticed

I have an S5.

Media is awesome from this phone. Easy to control from the Sena.I like that my music is stored on an SD card. I have a 32 gig card in my phone and a 16 gig card in my Zumo. This allows me to basically have two copies of my music in two different places. iTunes sucks!!

Never tried to use Google from the head set, but don't think it's possible.

Receiving calls is super easy. Making them depends on how well the vpice recognition works from the mic. WAY easier through my Zumo 660.

No voice texts that I know of. Wouldn't know how to receive or send them.

Don't use my phone for GPS. I have a dedicated unit for that. However, no reason it shouldn't work well.

I have an S5 as well. I agree with HotRodZilla on all points but I would add that using Google voice commands is easy so long as the phone isn't locked. Google has some stupid policy about not letting BT voice commands work on a locked phone. So, I use the Skiplock app to prevent the phone from locking when connected to my Sena (or in my car). The S5 is also dust and water resistant which is huge on a motorcycle. I use a Ram Xmount on my handlebars so the phone is visible.

I don't use my phone with my Zumo - that pairing has never worked well for me but I connect the Zumo to the Sena as a secondary device, so I can still hear directions.

Personally, I want to be the last guy in the country without a cell phone. I'll certainly be the last guy to make phone calls
telephone.gif
while riding my motorbike!

Personally, I want to be the last guy in the country without a cell phone. I'll certainly be the last guy to make phone calls
telephone.gif
while riding my motorbike!
Me- I want to be the last guy in the country without an internet connection.

Personally, I want to be the last guy in the country without a cell phone. I'll certainly be the last guy to make phone calls :telephone:while riding my motorbike!
Except, here you are on an Internet forum that requires an Internet connection. If you're serious, the irony of this is mind boggling. If your not, well.......

Personally, I want to be the last guy in the country without a cell phone. I'll certainly be the last guy to make phone calls :telephone:while riding my motorbike!
Except, here you are on an Internet forum that requires an Internet connection. If you're serious, the irony of this is mind boggling. If your not, well.......
I thought that the facetiousness was pretty obvious.
weirdsmiley.gif

Wife and I have Sena smh10 and Iphone 4s. We haven't had any issues with that setup. We can listen to music, Siri works very well, with the slight occasion that we don't have reception.we can accept & make calls very easily. Texting works ok. When having SIri read texts, the words are read pretty quickly so you must pay attention or you may miss it. I dont know if there is anyway to slow Siri down. Also when texting if you pause, Siri stops taking the text so you must be quick with what you are saying. That may have changed with the iphone 6 or Apples IOS 8.

Latest posts