I've done it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Well guys,

The 05 has gone to a guy down the street and the 2014 is home after doing a fly drive, and yes New Zealand is big enough to do a fly drive. I must say i was never keen on doing a test ride on a new FJR while i still owned the 05. That would just annoy the shit out of me knowing that everything on a new bike is so much better. I could not believe the smoothness of the engine and the shift changing. Right now i'm contemplating which after market cans i'm gonna throw on this bad boy. O'h....and by the way, color options here for the 2014 are black,black and more black.

Regards

Gazza

P1040057.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a beautiful bike, Gazza! Black is great-looking anyway, but with the body panels and tank trim black too, it looks fantastic.

Congratulations! I just brought my 2014 'A' home last night. I'm sure you're as excited as I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

I must say i was never keen on doing a test ride on a new FJR while i still owned the 05. That would just annoy the shit out of me knowing that everything on a new bike is so much better.
I know exactly what you mean. I had the same thought up in Canada for CFR last year when Yamaha Canada brought in two 2013's for demo rides. Yeah, I took one of 'em for a spin and there was a noticeable difference between the '13 and my 100K+ mile '04.

Well Ken, no sign of the ES over here which is the one i really wanted but to be honest i got sick of waiting and every Yamaha dealer had a different story re the ES. Seems like Yamaha dealerships up and down the country have no idea when new bikes are going to be arriving in the country. As far as NZ goes i think its all about selling off old stock before releasing new models and i reckon Mr Yamaha up the ladder controls that. Anyway, i'm more than happy with this new one.

Regards

Gazza