Would You.....?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
I just recieved a call from a local company that supplies misc. parts for motorcycles ie: frame sliders and such. I ordered a set of frame sliders that I was not that happy with (stuck out further than I wanted) took them back for a refund, met the owner and discussed something similer to the canyon cages. He informed me that they had been talking about doing something like that for the fjr, I believe that they now have something in stock for the Connie.

Anyway, long story short, they asked me how I would feel bringing my bike down to be used as a model to get measurements and to be fitted with a set for free. They would need my bike for about 2 weeks and would provide me with a disclaimer stating that if anything would happen to my bike, they would make it right.

Would you leave your bike like this......? I am just a little paranoid about free stuff and such.

company is T-Rex Racing...

Please let me know what the masses would do in this situation.

Thanks,

Rexford

I would do it with virtually no hesitation. Quick Google search will give you some idea how long they've been around and what their reputation is like.

Good luck.

Yep. Take pictures of the bike as evidence of it's condition and mileage when you drop it off and make it clear what your expectations are regarding what they will do with it.

Since it is your bike, I would haul ass down there. I have the T=Rex sliders on my soft paint 14ES and really like them. Are they going to fabricate bag guards as well? Keep us posted as there are many who will be in the market for such farkles.

These companies take a lot of precautions to protect a bike from damage. I recall seeing MC Enterprises doing fitting on Fairlaner's bike, and it was covered with protective masking tape. If you have any concerns, just ask them how they will protect the finish, but I'm sure it will be similar. Meanwhile, you're likely to walk away with considerable value in bike protection in exchange for loaning your bike for the fitting. And you'll always be able to point to the ads and say "that's my bike".

For 2 weeks? I ride all year long. I've got to have my wind fix or I get cranky. When I went to Europe this year, combined with my Laam seat order, it was a month. I was about ready to go postal over here....

Now - I'd ride over to the factory and leave it with 'em for the day while I piddle around and see what I can see.

My dealings with T-Rex are positive. As others said, they have an excellent reputation, and i wouldn't hesitate to leave my bike in their hands for a couple of weeks during the off season.

Too bad they're in Texas and not Cali. I'd have advised you Hell NO! Don't give up your bike even for two long weeks.

Then I'd have gone down and let them experiment on mine.
bleh.gif

There is a good bit of information here on the development of the Canyon Cages when MCEnterprises used Fairlaner's FJR. At that time Fairlaner had the very first of the Gen 3 bikes, it was a rare and precious jewel. You might shoot him a PM and get his thoughts but I don't think he was unhappy.

Latest posts