FJR Cover made by Dowco/Guardian?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnKing2

Reaction score
My poor brand new 2014 FJR has to sit out in the rain until I move so I'm looking for a cover for it. Both the Dowco/Guardian web site and Amazon *SUCK* when it comes to specifics. So can anyone here point me to the right all weather, heavy duty (not travel) cover for an FJR that is available on Amazon? (I've got some "Amazon bucks" I can use to get it for free)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.gezagear.com/ FJR cover in medium. You're welcome!
smile.png
LOL Which part of "available on Amazon? (I've got some "Amazon bucks" I can use to get it for free)" was unclear for you? :)

I believe Majicmaker was pointing you to a quality cover. You can always use your "Amazon Bucks" for a tankbag, tailbag, etc..

If your use is just temporary, then is doesn't really matter. Just get the cheapest you can find with your free money.

Shawn, I searched amazon for "cover for Yamaha FJR motorcycle" and the Yamaha "Brand" cover made specifically for the FJR was displayed on page one for about $140 US dollars. Looks good and it's made specifically for the "Feej", there you go.
ok.gif

Shawn, I searched amazon for "cover for Yamaha FJR motorcycle" and the Yamaha "Brand" cover made specifically for the FJR was displayed on page one for about $140 US dollars. Looks good and it's made specifically for the "Feej", there you go.
ok.gif
Got it. Thanks. I was searching for the wrong thing. Silly me was trusting Amazon to show me items for my bike.... :(

Just get the cheapest you can find with your free money.
Thanks. That's what I'm trying to do but the descriptions of the various covers on Amazon aren't particularly helpful so I was asking here if someone had something more specific I could look for. Stevoreno pointed me in the right direction.

https://www.gezagear.com/ FJR cover in medium. You're welcome! :)
LOL Which part of "available on Amazon? (I've got some "Amazon bucks" I can use to get it for free)" was unclear for you? :)
Nope! Not unclear at all, Shawn. It's just the best cover on earth. If you're going to have it outdoors, what's that 2014ES worth to you? :)

I use thew Dowco cover to cover my Feej at work everyday, rain & shine (although we don't get much rain in SoCal). It does great and about every other year I get a new one under warranty. I've got 3 new covers so far all for the price of the first one. No regrets.

Unless you are using the bike as your daily commuter, go down to the local mattress store and buy a cheap plastic mattress bag. Cut it open and strip it over the bike. Hopefully when you get moved you will have an indoor parking space.

Unless you are using the bike as your daily commuter, go down to the local mattress store and buy a cheap plastic mattress bag. Cut it open and strip it over the bike. Hopefully when you get moved you will have an indoor parking space.
It will be. I don't own a car. And it rains *a lot* here in Vancouver.

I have a Geza. Good summertime cover. Won't stop water as well as a heavier, 'regular' cover. I have both.

So then now I have to ask What make of cover that is light enough to carry on the bike but sheds water? Has to big enough to cover the bike with the trunk on

I've got a cover that is not available on Amazon, but I'd let it go for a good price. I thought I'd get a cover for the big cross-country trip I just completed, so I found this lightly used (if at all) one locally on Craigslist--haggled the guy down to 50 bucks. It's a full-sized BMW-branded cover in its packing bag, heavy, waterproof, with grommets and tie-towns. Fits the FJR, bags and all, just fine. I was going to say $50 sent to you, but postage into Canada is a lot more, so say $60 mailed. More than happy to take pics if you're interested. I should just put this in For Sale, and I probably will soon, but I just came across it today getting stuff put away after my trip and decided I should get rid of it. My bike is protected here at home, and the cover's just too bulky to travel with. Send a PM if interested. (um, if I don't hear from Shawn about this, $50 to a US addy.)

Don beat me to the punch. Geza will not stop water, In fact that cover will keep the water on the bike.
I use the same as Don and yourself and it does not stop the water. I believe it is the Pro-Series version in Titanium Silver that I have and it works well.

If you need water proof version in a Geza, you can get it. They have a GoreTex version (Pro-Extreme Series) that works great.

https://gezagear.com/pricefabric.htm

But, they start at $300 though.
uhoh.gif

This would be a small price to pay if you don't have a place to store the bike inside.