New seat.. I'm on the Laam..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Well, after riding on Russell's for years. I thought I would try a Laam seat. Turn around was lighting fast, along with Seth's communication. Plus, a great price...

Did carbon fiber on the top and smooth vinyl on the sides. I had a dual build, but also had a extra stock rear seat covered to match for the time's my wife is not on the back. Here's a few pic's..

Smitty

viewattachment44_zps7ae67634.jpg

viewattachment43_zps27db27dc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Smitty...you'll be happy you tried it.

I've got Laam seats on both my FJR and Tenere, can't see going to anything different right now.

--G

Well? Can you give us an honest Russell vs. Laam comparison? I would love to hear from someone who had experience with both brands.

+1.... impressions ?

Have not had a chance to ride with the new seat yet. It just arrived this afternoon. Working this weekend... I plan to ride on Monday and will report back. It does sit very neutral, but it will take a 300-400 mile ride to really tell if I am going to like it.

It sure looks nice, and priced right. Plus free return shipping..

Smitty

Seth told me not to panic if my first ride wasn't PERFECT. He said the memory foam would make a minor adjustment to my "seat" after the first ride. I can't tell if that happened. Right out of the driveway, my ass was in heaven and have been there ever since.

I'd say to give the seat several hundred mile to really get broken in. Mine was good from day one...but got much better as I got more miles on it. I had no problems after my 681 mile, 11 hour ride home from NAFO.

I know Russell says give there seat 1000 miles for break in. I always give a seat 4000-5000 miles before even thinking about a adjustment.

I am off Monday and Tuesday, may take a road trip and put 600 to 800 miles on the seat.

Smitty

Can't say mine has changed at all since new - bout 1000 miles on them now. I think seat 'break-in' is mostly in ones head ;)

Hey Wheatie move over.. I am catching your post count. I have over 1500 posts!

Smitty

I was wondering who was touching my ass. Yeah, you keep this up and you'll be post whoring on stuff like "why don't the Canadians live in the north part of their country, instead of hugging the American coast?" ... And other such things.

Smitty, that's a great-looking seat! I did the same. After wrestling with the decision for awhile, I sent my seats off to Seth. He shipped them back Friday, so I should see them tomorrow or Wednesday. I too did the carbon fiber top, but I just had the rear seat re-covered, since my wife doesn't ride. Added the heat option, too. What a nice guy to deal with....

....... waiting on your review, Unleaded, although, honestly, 350 miles so far and my ass feels great. (And all you pervs can let that one slide by.)

After riding a bit over 200 miles today in wind just around 30mph.. This seat feels very good. It is very neutral and don't feel like like I slide forward. That a plus, I hate sitting on my boys.

I think this is a great option for guys on the fence thinking Russell. I think this seat has better eye appeal (Laam).

I will put my stock seat on and get some measurements , see how height's compare.

Smitty

Thanks, smitty141. I hate sitting on my boys, too, but haven't have that happen yet even with the unexpected ABS test Saturday night. Give me a few months to see if it's gonna.

I do know that I'm on tiptoes when two-footing at the stoplight, but the lower saddle position bends my knees a bit much when riding. So, I'm happy with the higher stock-seat position.