I did it.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimRisch

Reaction score
Picked up my 2014 ES yesterday. Put 80 miles on yesterday and commuted into work today on it. Absolutely beautiful machine. I'm giddy!!!
punk.gif

I've been thinking about that. I might go with the Yamaha frame sliders that are made for the FJR. I really wish they had the foot wind deflectors for the 2014 model (red). They have the grey ones for the 2013 model, but no red. The Yamaha frame sliders go with the foot deflectors and make it look stock.

I will get the canyon cages for the bags though.

Jim, Good luck with your new RED!! I looked at the Yamaha sliders and settled on the T-Rex in combination with MC Enterprise bag guards. I think the T-Rex sliders are well designed and cost a good deal less than the Yamaha slides. Of course that is not unusual for OEM stuff to be over priced.

Jim, here is what the T-Rex sliders and Canyon Cage bag guard combo look like. I think they will give good protection in a 0 mph incident. Not a very good pic, but simulated tip over gives an idea of the protection.

DSC00757_zps1cb80993.jpg

DSC00664_zps8bbb5002.jpg

IMG_20141019_052734_877_zps68507e0c.jpg

Congratulations! Tinged with jealousy...Enjoy the new ride. Let's hope for a mild winter here in PA.