Replacement Armor for Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have been doing some gear maintenance recently and I am in need of replacement armor on 3 different Jackets.

The Aerostich is easy, but I am looking to upgrade the armor on my wife's Tourmaster and on my Cortech ADX jackets.

I really would prefer to upgrade. Does anyone have a recommendation on amor and/or a site they use?

I am looking for insert armor and not the separate under armor worn by itself. And what the heck is up with Tourmaster?

They have been "Out of stock" with women's armor for quite a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D30 Armour. I have used it as a replacement in pants and a jacket. Soft and pliable until struck. Motorcyclegear.com had a video that showed how it worked. My 2 cents....

I can second the 3DO armor. This was in my Firstgear jacket when my wife and I suffered a wreck on our Goldwing several weeks ago. Low sided pretty hard and did not even end up with a bruise. Was very pleased with this product.-BullCBX

Go with D3O armor. Revzilla has a great selection of replacement armor for many jackets and pants.

REV'IT also has some interesting new back armor carried at the local Beemer dealers. Different construction and sizes / shapes...might fit a wider assortment of gear, plus you can check it out before buying.

Tony, if your wife is handy with a sewing machine, you can also make larger pockets for back armor. I modified my Firstgear TPG to fit a Klim Viper D3O back protector for something more substantial back there.

Good luck!

--G

It's unanimous on the D3O. I have not experienced it, but I am told that it can get a mite stiff in colder temps. I suspect that if you're in FL, that's not going to be an issue.

Fear not, grasshopper. Many of our kind have triimmed the D3O without adverse event.

Okay, enough of that. It is, however, my understanding that it can be trimmed without fear. RevZilla can confirm this for you, I'm sure.

Latest posts