2014 FJR-ES with police bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idfc

Reaction score
Alternative to Canyon Cage. Not mine. A colleague's.

HpDCgJJl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well protected, yes.... nice looking, no. I would not put those on mine. But hey, if he likes them, it's his bike.

I dunno...good auxiliary lighting platform, and the potential for cruiser pegs is off the chart. I understand the functionality, and if it works and isn't chrome, I could give a crap what it look like. This would make it worth contesting the 'slow ride'.

Looks like the perfect platform for kick ass audio speakers, we can do a subwoofer / smuggler design and rock on down the highway.

Jeese. What's with all the negativity? To each his own. I saw some cool FJRs Saturday night at Pink's farkled to the max and dirtier than Hell. They were beautiful in their own right.

Different look but if the bike owner is happy, that's all that really matters.

I see a lot of crap hanging on bikes that isn't my cup of tea...
blinksmiley.gif
no.gif

--G

Jeese. What's with all the negativity? To each his own.
To idfc's colleague: Ride your own ride and tell folks to kiss your ass.
+1 & +1. Also to idfc's colleague: ignore the peanut gallery who think everyone should do as they do, the way they do, when they do. They're just a bunch of simple-minded sheep following the herd of pompous asses.

My R1100RT-P (ex-CHP) has an almost identical crash-bar setup. They make a great place to mount extra lights (Hella FF50s on mine), and on a long ride, I kick my boots up onto the bars to stretch out for a bit.

Once, when my centerstand failed, my bike fell rapidly onto it's right side. The bars kept the bike off the ground, not a scratch on the fairings.

Will I mount similar bars on my FJR? Not sure yet, but don't knock them because of how they look. They're extremely functional.

My question about them is do they do the job they're supposed to do? If they're solidly reinforced at both the top (the top of the loop) as well as the bottom, I'd say yes, but I can't tell from the pic if they are. Does the OP know?

What looks sort of like a reinforcing bar for the top seems to just be resting/sitting/mounted right along the top edge of the plastic fairing. I don't see how that could work. Without the top backed up somehow, they look like they could fold in in a crash.