KTM RC390

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
Today, I'm thinking small. Even though it's a single, it makes more power (as I understand it) than the R3, with better running gear.

KTM-PRESS-IMAGES.jpg

You gotta be small for that to work. Steve (Bungie) can ride a two fiddy, but I looked like I was humpin a football when I had my Monster 750 (and I felt like it too after a hundred miles). If it fits you I'm sure it would be a total blast. Probably weighs all of 250 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the riding position on any of sportbike styled bikes counts me out. I swapped the CBR250R, which looks like the baby VFR1200 for the CRFL. Even that had my hands aching pretty quick. My little 2-fitty trail bike kicks ass for riding position. Now if it only had about triple the hp :D

I've ridden my daughter's Ninja 300, for 4 hour rides a few times. It was surprisingly comfortable, even the thin strip for a seat was good. The fun factor is crazy, especially coming off the FJR, as it is sooooooo flickable! Wait until you maneuver in the garage....heaven!

Still, the power will be lacking from what you are used to, but redlining at 13,000 has it's own merits. I think you'll love it.

If you met me at EOM, I've got the size for it.
rolleyes.gif
SWMBO has a Ninja 250, and that sort of contributed to the urge. Published dry weight is 325. 43 HP. ABS. I think this has a little more aggressive target than the R3, which I think is more along the lines of the Ninjette and the CBR250/300.

Now, I just gotta get rid of the F800R...

If you met me at EOM, I've got the size for it.
rolleyes.gif
SWMBO has a Ninja 250, and that sort of contributed to the urge. Published dry weight is 325. 43 HP. ABS. I think this has a little more aggressive target than the R3, which I think is more along the lines of the Ninjette and the CBR250/300.
Now, I just gotta get rid of the F800R...
Light makes right! My SV650 track bike is skeletonized, has a lot of Ti and Al hardware and MG Marvic rims. Weighs about 320lbs. Handles like a dream and is such a hoot to ride. From what I've read, the little Ktooms' suspension is a little soft for banzai blitzing but not everyone rides like that. I can't wait for the 300 shootout articles.