Another Russell Convert

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red2kcbr

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on a custom seat. Went with the Russell for two-up, in leather.

Haven't had an opportunity to get some break-in miles on it, but will try this coming week. First impressions, just sitting on it, the Russell is a bit taller than stock, but not as much as moving the stock seat to the upper position. Can't wait to go somewhere, anywhere.

:) My break in ride was 500 miles. And NO PAIN on the tailbone at all!! Awesome. I am sure full break time in varies, but now that I have about 1500 miles on it.. it is even more sweet. Odd..though.. you don't sit on it and say "yeah.. so comfy...". It is more like.. damn.. I have been riding for 8 hours and didn't even notice it. :) Just my opinion of course.

I think an aftermarket seat will be standard factory equipment for any bike I buy going forward. The difference is incredible.

Is that '14 FJR a good looking bike or what? I'm just ape shit bonkers over that color, man.

wow! Beautiful bike, beautiful slip-ons...and now beautiful seat! Good thing I just threw a winter cover over my '08 raven, or it would see my jealous eye...

Looks great, bet it will feel even better!

I have my order in for a Dec 1 build, all leather (Blk) w heat. Got in on the 15% off deal. I waited till now as I just acquired a 2nd set of seats, wanna keep the OEM ones as is.

Happy riding
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW is that snow outside the windows?
Yeah, it is. A dusting in NE Texas. But now we're back to normal for this time of year, low to mid-60s.

Almost got this one like I want it. Just need to do some riding now.

Thanks, all, for the kind words. I sold an '03 Cobra, factory-blown, 6-speed manual, and 375 HP to the rear wheels to get this bike. I don't even miss it,
punk.gif

But I've always been a sucker for red motorcycles...
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts